Jacko

The 130i Thread

Another wang option, going cheap on faceballs, which is surprising as its quite tasteful. 

120048768_1233925150295056_6834958666917975334_n.jpg

119940905_1233925133628391_3687634396790278570_n.jpg

• Haha 1

This one's been up for a few days, stock-as but priced sharply at $6,900

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2791722231

If it's genuinely been regularly serviced at ACBMW then it should be in very clean condition (I'd ask for receipts).

If anyone takes it for a test drive and wants to swing by Ellerslie I can plug it in for you for free. I'm working from home most of the time at the moment.

Oh, and I can sell you some LCI lights if you prefer them. ?

Edited by M3AN
Wrong price

9 hours ago, M3AN said:

If it's genuinely been regularly serviced at ACBMW then it should be in very clean condition (I'd ask for receipts).

If anyone takes it for a test drive and wants to swing by Ellerslie I can plug it in for you for free. I'm working from home most of the time at the moment.

This one is mine. Not perfect for sure with the dent in the rear bumper but still a fair price I believe. Can do a deal for bimmersport members. 

• Like 2

Feels like this is the bottom of the bell curve for this platform, with the newer cars going FWD. just that perception would ensure the pricing will eventually head for the hills. 

Already on the up, a couple of years ago manual 130s were 6k

As someone who's been watching 130i prices closely for the last two years they're definitely on the way up again, looking at trademe prices today reminds me of when I first started looking at them. Most average stock ones around 9k-10k. The odd outliers but generally consistent. 

Last year they definitely fell down a grand or two, so a bit cheaper, and then covid came with a flurry of cars and that extra supply and price competition kept the prices down. I'd say most of the cheaper ones have now been sold. Doubt you'd get a manual 130i that's been well looked after or with mods for less than 10k now. 

• Like 1

I still think we should try and artificially bump the prices by listing all of ours around 15K.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Mines insured for 16 ;) 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, M3AN said:

How well do LCI lights go on pre LCI cars? Is it plug and play or more involved?

3 hours ago, Jacko said:

Mines insured for 16 ;) 

Mines 12, insurance values for them at AA top out at 11. Had to special request, at least they cover mods. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Mines insured for 16 ;) 

I think mine is 12.

AA let you state whatever you want.  Bet they don't pay out on that though.

Im with AMI too, got it independently valued, and have agreed value cover. 

28 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

How well do LCI lights go on pre LCI cars? Is it plug and play or more involved?

Assuming you have Xenons it's not quite plug and play but it's pretty straight forward. To activate the LED's (which aren't on the pre-LCI's) most people tap into the reverse lights because the loom is right there, then they code the reverse lights as daylight running lights so the LED's are on when they should be.

Retrofit details here: https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15081

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Driftit said:

AA let you state whatever you want.  

in my experience, they do and will pay out. just don't expect them to insure you again ? (they didn't insure me again)

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Im with AMI too, got it independently valued, and have agreed value cover. 

Woops that should have been AA. I rang them and they were quite happy to adjust to 12k with my explanation. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

21 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Good, keep the prices going up ?

You'll love this one then Dan @ $18k: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2816014666

?

I like how "Fully Optioned" doesn't include: sunroof, F/R PDC, Hi-Fi, 18's, Aero kit, lumbar adjust, reverse camera or cruise control... what else is missing for 18k?!? 

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, M3AN said:

You'll love this one then Dan @ $18k: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2816014666

?

I like how "Fully Optioned" doesn't include: sunroof, F/R PDC, Hi-Fi, 18's, Aero kit, lumbar adjust, reverse camera or cruise control... what else is missing for 18k?!? 

Manual box and an LSD! 

48 minutes ago, M3AN said:

That looks like a really good buy, all the options but PDC and headlight washers, and low ks.