Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 11/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, M3AN said:

Hope you get it for a good price, be sure to spill the details if you do! ?

Definitely a little more than I wanted to get it for but still cheap enough 

• Like 1

May as well ask in here, don't need to start another thread, what are the chances of getting a complete E30 interior into an E87 with the seats down?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, leichtbau said:

May as well ask in here, don't need to start another thread, what are the chances of getting a complete E30 interior into an E87 with the seats down?

Shouldn't be a prob. Just lay the E30 seats flat.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:37 PM, leichtbau said:

Pretty sure I managed to fit a whole E30 interior in an E30 back in the day, albeit not easily, so should just be alright in an E87

6 minutes ago, M3AN said:

This one has some nice looking bits including what looks like a carbon fibre airbox or lid... and that exhaust!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2897971880

Might be worth looking at for around $9k but at $15k they're just taking the piss.

BMW Performance wheels too, I had them on my car for a bit but wasnt really a fan. That looks like a Gruppe N intake?.. also its dripping in dealer silicon jizz. Wonder if they'd sell the intake separately :D

37 minutes ago, qube said:

Keen on exhaust. Part out?

Sweet, I’ll take the wheels and rear wing!

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

This one has some nice looking bits including what looks like a carbon fibre airbox or lid... and that exhaust!

Might be worth looking at for around $9k but at $15k they're just taking the piss.

This looks familiar - I seem to recall one with a quad exhaust for sale a while back - had a fancy quaife / Birds UK diff and a few other mods? 

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Laughable @ $15k.  Turners was once a place you would go to buy a cheap mystery car which had been dumped due to it's many problems or it's owner inability to pay for it any longer.

They took the cheap part of it away.

Was the rear spoiler an optional extra as mine does not have one.

5 minutes ago, gofaster said:

Was the rear spoiler an optional extra as mine does not have one.

Yup it was.  Very few have them.  They are just stuck on with 3m tape though, so easy to put one on if you want one.

@Driftit - what do you think of renaming and moving this thread?

"The 130i Thread" in General? 

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

@Driftit - what do you think of renaming and moving this thread?

"The 130i Thread" in General? 

Was just thinking about that on the weekend. Done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm very pissed off.

Cars only been back from Winger a week or so. The Mrs calls me from the top of the Remutakas to tell me a hose totally blew off and it's dumped all its coolant. It was sudden so she didn't drive hot etc.

Just got it towed and met her. Pop Bonnet and can see the top hose by the alternator is off.

Go to take out the airbox and find all the bolts are loose. Airflow meter clamp not tight. Then I find why it popped off.

Its broken.

IMG_20201218_082216.jpgIMG_20201218_082232.jpg

Now what would cause this? Someone leaning on it? Over tightened?

Oh and my rubber grommet from where the airbox sits is gone and replaced with a piece of f**king rag....

IMG_20201218_081829.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Its broken.

Now what would cause this? Someone leaning on it? Over tightened?

Wow, I was just reading about this the other day, didn't know it was a thing but it is. It's apparently caused by the oil filter housing or oil cooler leaking and dripping down onto that plastic flange and killing it over time. Assuming we're seeing the same thing there's an alu upgraded part (link here) although the hose clamp that comes with it is apparently way too big so factor that in.

Note that I've not purchased the part so perhaps check reviews and alternatives.

Edited by M3AN
sp

Makes sense. Something to be aware of heading into summer.

I think I am going to refresh the entire cooling system. Even though all the hoses look in good condition this one had a little hidden secret. The damage in the hose was where it was touching the belt after it came off.

Now do I do the water pump while I'm at it..

47 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Makes sense. Something to be aware of heading into summer.

I think I am going to refresh the entire cooling system. Even though all the hoses look in good condition this one had a little hidden secret. The damage in the hose was where it was touching the belt after it came off.

Now do I do the water pump while I'm at it..

And the thermostat at the same time. And apparently the U shaped hose the connects the pump to the thermostat.

Classic Winger Wellington service.  

1. They broke the passenger door mirror and refuse to even acknowledge it was broken by them, despite the scratches down the side of the passenger wing on the paint. Replacement mirror housing required... $$$

2. Did an oil service on my new car and refuse to update the service history in iDrive because “it wasn’t due an oil change so there’s nothing to update”

Thank goodness it will be out of warranty by it’s next scheduled visit. None of my vehicles will ever go back. 

They aren’t all terrible though. Sales team and Parts team who have been there for a long time are great. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1