Jacko

The 130i Thread

Interesting to see they arent Winger anymore either, must've been bought out by Continental Cars. Hopefully that improves their service, they've had an average rep for a bit.

One wonders how it works on a commercial level.  eg, where a franchisee might have franchise license withdrawn, or be directed to sell; and a proven operator is subsequently installed?  Not suggesting this has happened in this case.  Or if a franchisee wants to step out, one expects that BMW NZ would have a large say in who takes it on.

Continental are part of the Symes Group, they're large and effective.  The Continental BMW team on the shore are excellent to deal with, we're hoping that things improve in Wellington.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, KwS said:

Interesting to see they arent Winger anymore either, must've been bought out by Continental Cars. Hopefully that improves their service, they've had an average rep for a bit.

Concur - they've been some way off experience I've had with CJ in Hamilton / Tauranga. Don't think any of the staff have changed though.

When they renew their service team we might see a change. Currently it's the same people.

• Like 2

Very common failure point on N5x, there is an aluminum fitting replacement that solves it. Have done it on 330 and 130

The rest is just shitty workmanship.. 

Well I am placing an order through FCP if anyone down this way is keen for some bits.

Want to place it by the end of tomorrow so PM me if keen.

Also do you think this is the rubber mount I am missing?  The one the rag replaced...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-rubber-buffer-13717539903#reviews

Edited by Driftit

That's the right one Dan 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Well I am placing an order through FCP if anyone down this way is keen for some bits.

Want to place it by the end of tomorrow so PM me if keen.

Also do you think this is the rubber mount I am missing?  The one the rag replaced...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-rubber-buffer-13717539903#reviews

Im in the Wairarapa Wednesday (driving back north). Pretty sure I have spare aluminium fitting, if you want it happy to drop it off. 

Edit - looking at your pics on the big screen, rather than phone, if it the one with the two 10mm bolts or the one to the otherside of the oil cooler?

Edited by Jacko

Yep that's the airbox mount, changed mine a few months back. 

I could be keen on one of those aluminium replacement parts, I'll have a look at my car tomorrow and see if it's been done and what the hoses look like. 

Waterpump has been done already, would you normally change the fitting when doing that? 

Edited by NZ_InFerno

8 hours ago, str8_6 said:

Classic Winger Wellington service.  

1. They broke the passenger door mirror and refuse to even acknowledge it was broken by them, despite the scratches down the side of the passenger wing on the paint. Replacement mirror housing required... $$$

2. Did an oil service on my new car and refuse to update the service history in iDrive because “it wasn’t due an oil change so there’s nothing to update”

Thank goodness it will be out of warranty by it’s next scheduled visit. None of my vehicles will ever go back. 

They aren’t all terrible though. Sales team and Parts team who have been there for a long time are great. 

Ugh, I swear every other time my car goes somewhere for something a few days later I notice a little scratch or something that wasn't there before....

1 hour ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Waterpump has been done already, would you normally change the fitting when doing that? 

It depends on what hoses came with the water pump kit. Some do.

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Edit - looking at your pics on the big screen, rather than phone, if it the one with the two 10mm bolts or the one to the otherside of the oil cooler?

Its the top hose engine side that is broken. Right next to the alternator. The hose got a little damaged when it fell onto the alternator pulley. I think the aluminium replacement is for somewhere else isn't it?

IMG_20201218_081833.jpg

3 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I think the aluminium replacement is for somewhere else isn't it?

Yep, the alu one is for the hose that comes up across the front of the block and belts.

Yup sorry, thats not the usual one to break. Ali one is the one next to that, otherside of oilcooler.

Yeah I am pretty sure this has been broken rather than just perishing. The other hoses I have looked at seem fine.

I mean loose bolts and a rag to replace a mount suggests a muppets been under the bonnet.

NZC don't have a great reputation down here

12 hours ago, M3AN said:

$17k for a 2006 manual with 126 kms and absolutely nothing special, might not even be in NZ yet. 😣

Seriously, they probably paid NZ$5k for it FFS.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2909759058

Destined to sit on a caryard for awhile.. In saying that... remember when you could get a tidy E30 325 tech 2 coupe for under 10k and people said that was expensive for an old car ;) 

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 2

I still think we can inflate the prices if we all advertise at the same time.

Autospot is trying for sure.

A bunch of $16-18K 135i's all listed in the mid 20's.

image.png

21 hours ago, M3AN said:

$17k for a 2006 manual with 126 kms and absolutely nothing special, might not even be in NZ yet. 😣

Seriously, they probably paid NZ$5k for it FFS.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2909759058

I've noticed in the 130i fbook group there has been chat about prices going up, from all over. After seeing this I had a look at prices in Aussie for a reasonable comparison. No idea what they've been for the last couple of years but their 130is for sale rn are certainly in a higher price bracket. NZ must be one of the cheapest places to buy one atm. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I've noticed in the 130i fbook group there has been chat about prices going up, from all over. After seeing this I had a look at prices in Aussie for a reasonable comparison. No idea what they've been for the last couple of years but their 130is for sale rn are certainly in a higher price bracket. NZ must be one of the cheapest places to buy one atm. 

I think that’s just indicative of the Aussie used market. They don’t have the same ability to flood the market with grey market used imports like we have. 

NZ is a great place to buy used euros but it’s all relative - you get used to being spoilt!

• Like 1

black manual 130i for under 10k on trademe. get in quick otherwise i might have to do another oops purchase :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally killed it properly, and now I can't find them on aliexpress 😕 There used to hundreds for sale. 

IMG_20210106_120629.jpg

• Sad 1