Jacko

The 130i Thread

2 hours ago, qube said:

black manual 130i for under 10k on trademe. get in quick otherwise i might have to do another oops purchase :D

I'll have a black manual motorsport up for sale around that money shortly ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Finally killed it properly, and now I can't find them on aliexpress 😕 There used to hundreds for sale. 

Your search-fu needs updating, here's some more:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/527979850.html

Now, if you can find some with reasonable shipping I might be in for a set of plastic/FRP ones. 

I think my internets is broken. I searched for every key word I could imagine and got keyrings and knock off M badges. 

Great now I'm looking at carbon fibre rear bumper inserts 😅

I've still got my Schmiedmann order sitting there waiting for shipping to get cheaper too @M3AN, I don't need it in 3 working days lol

That black manual for sale in Penrose is sold! That was quick- didn’t even get a chance to check it out. Hope it went to a good home 👍🏼

Wonder what the service history was like on it, went pretty quickly. 

If it's had the waterpump etc done it's a steal

1 hour ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Wonder what the service history was like on it, went pretty quickly. 

If it's had the waterpump etc done it's a steal

probably none and unlikely. still a good price.

I am just a bit picky as I prefer the facelift and CIC over CCC as a minimum otherwise I would have grabbed it.

• Like 1

The sale price reminded me that my Insurance renewed and they dropped the agreed value on my car. I redid it at 12.5k, which is what it was before. I'm wondering if I should set it higher to reflect the price trends over the last few months?

What does the 130i collective think. 

Mine's insured for $8k (purchase price) but at that stage I didn't know it had all the nice bits on it. I'm thinking of asking them to bump it up to at least $10k, I don't think I could replace it (and the bits) for that even...  

Edited by M3AN

Im insured for 9k, which after I pay the excess its only 8500. hopefully I never have to use it.

Mines insured for 16, pretty pointless insuring for anything less than what would cost to replace. 

• Like 1

I think I'm at 11k. But looking around there isn't much to replace it with.

If the price floor is now 10k for a manual 130i, most at that price would require some mechanical work, then 11k-12k buys a tidy stock car plus parts to get it in a similar condition to mine sans mods. 

I'm comfortable with that, but I did look up how much replacement work wheels would be, $700 odd before shipping so $1k per corner with tyres 😅 Insurance would likely  count that as worth $2k replacement value total considering their current used condition. 

I also have the ohlins, supersprint exhaust, bmwp bits etc 

So yeah I'm going to go back to the insurance and see about bumping up the agreed value another grand or two and seeing what each listed mod is valued at and add on the interior bits I've fitted too. 

Yeah with all the goodies you guys have I would bump it up for sure.

Those intakes alone a worth a mint.
I have been looking for a manual 135i for the Mrs.  And they have all but disappeared.  These cars are def on the popular list at the moment.

Wellington recommendations for an E8x PPI lads? I'm offshore for at least another week and want to fly down / drive back.

2008 Jap import 130 with 150km, oil leak from somewhere, bald tyres and few stone chips, whats it worth?

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

2008 Jap import 130 with 150km, oil leak from somewhere, bald tyres and few stone chips, whats it worth?

Assuming normal Motorsport spec including Xenons and auto, with bald tyres... I'd be starting at 7. Even a remotely good set of 17" (?) tyres will cost $800 right?

I have a set of msport 17s with near new pirellis listed for $800. Happy to take less :P

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, leichtbau said:

Wellington recommendations for an E8x PPI lads? I'm offshore for at least another week and want to fly down / drive back.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, Daniel said:

+1.  Jon & Keren at Auto38 recommended.