Jacko

The 130i Thread

You can get them without the drive head unit and instead the cubby hole

Thats had an LCI lower dash swap like mine, dont recognise the headunit. Could be an android like mine, or just a generic double DIN in suitable fascia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

Is this a no-nav 130i or a head unit swap?

Both actually.

• Haha 1

I reckon you could take all the bits off it, replace with stock wheels/intake etc and sell it without losing money. 

• Like 1

Someone is looking at it tonight, if they don't buy it I've offered the seller asking price. 

1 hour ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I reckon you could take all the bits off it, replace with stock wheels/intake etc and sell it without losing money. 

Tonight on Bimmersport Wheelers and 130i Dealers, Qube wins yet another 130i auction after M3AN forgets to autobid, but who will end up with the coveted carbon airbox and ARC strut brace?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm guessing a strut brace won't fit if the camber pins are knocked out, unless the brace has slots of course but that would be a poorly designed brace.

Edited by M3AN

Wish I could oops it but have made my way back to 4 cars at home so don’t think so

It just sold for asking to the first enquirer (not me).

I would have given it a basic service, driven it for a month, swapped the intake to mine and flipped it. No great loss.

33 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday with the Blue 123d 😡 missed by an hour.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, M3AN said:

I would have given it a basic service, driven it for a month, swapped the intake to mine and flipped it. No great loss.

Spotted it on TM before I checked here.  Thought I was going to be sneaky and beat you all to it.  Was already gone :(

Would we even feel a strut brace.  Pretty ridged little car already.

Edited by Driftit

4 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Spotted it on TM before I checked here.  Thought I was going to be sneaky and beat you all to it.  Was already gone :(

Would we even feel a strut brace.  Pretty ridged little car already.

I saw it early but didn't act fast enough... basically fought my common sense for 8 hours, common sense lost.

keep in mind it was over 200,000kms so not a MASSIVE bargain.

Still very cheap but selling a high kms manual 130i wouldnt have been super easy for $8500 imo with the nice bits removed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

keep in mind it was over 200,000kms so not a MASSIVE bargain.

Still very cheap but selling a high kms manual 130i wouldnt have been super easy for $8500 imo with the nice bits removed.

I was just going to take the good bits and re-list it.  200K is right where I would expect to need to replace everything I just replaced at 100K on mine.

1 minute ago, Driftit said:

I was just going to take the good bits and re-list it.  200K is right where I would expect to need to replace everything I just replaced at 100K on mine.

don't say that, @Aprils one just about to hit that mark. Over the last 80,000ish km's it's been fluids, brake pads/rotors, tyres, rear bushes, xenon bulbs and a coil pack. Pretty good all things considered.

3 minutes ago, Jamez said:

don't say that, @Aprils one just about to hit that mark. Over the last 80,000ish km's it's been fluids, brake pads/rotors, tyres, rear bushes, xenon bulbs and a coil pack. Pretty good all things considered.

Water pumps are only meant to be good for 100-120.  Valvetronic motor is the same.  And all the hoses should be changed as the plastics go brittle.  Lots of plastic.  I would change the gearbox fluid and filter if you have not already.

• Like 1

Rookie numbers. 

28 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Rookie numbers. 

Are you Nana driving?

Ours has seen the track, mile sprints and the the Remutaka hill every other day though.

No toodling through Mission bay :P

+ 100% it was a Tokyo traffic crawler for the first 30K.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1