Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 4/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, promo said:

@qube - Hiya,

second hand CA module easy to program and code.

As for the DME. some of the codes possibly are history and not current. i.e 002F4A DME: Interface EWS(immobilzer-DME) this code being current the car wouldn't start. start off by erasing all codes go for a drive then re scan and see what codes appear. 

Pramod

E53D7316-FA41-4602-A4EA-B569FBCCA0C1.thumb.jpeg.78cb82d04318fddb6dad24f3e89bdbaa.jpeg$180 @ Hellbm. 
Diagnostic and all parts required available @ Hellbm. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

@M3AN bidbud seems to be the way to go to not miss out on those auctions

In this case a basic alarm would have been enough! I'm not very good at locking in my final amount early... can always bid $1 more! 😆

14 minutes ago, M3AN said:

In this case a basic alarm would have been enough! I'm not very good at locking in my final amount early... can always bid $1 more! 😆

That’s how they get ya!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, qube said:

Ooops..

@Sammo

Haha - well done!

anyone got a short antenna they want to get rid of before I wait 3 months for an aliexpress one.

8 hours ago, duluth said:

anyone got a short antenna they want to get rid of before I wait 3 months for an aliexpress one.

Was thinking about getting a new one.

Someone's cat chewed on my one...  Well I think/hope it was a cat.

• Haha 1

Im also planning to grab some. I need 2. Can grab a few more together if anyone needs them but as stated above shipping will probably take ages

Looking at getting an FRM3 module to fix my window and lack of pdc issues. Had a look at realoem and have the part number, however, I am wondering if I need that specific FRM or can I just get any FRM3 and have it coded to match my cars options. Cheers.

12 minutes ago, duluth said:

Looking at getting an FRM3 module to fix my window and lack of pdc issues. Had a look at realoem and have the part number, however, I am wondering if I need that specific FRM or can I just get any FRM3 and have it coded to match my cars options. Cheers.

Best to ask @promo

• Like 1

Any ideas on what year the seat heating buttons got integrated into the climate control?

I *think* its 2009 build onwards but not 100% sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, duluth said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3064396659?bof=7D5mOTV1

What are peoples thoughts on this ... a manual for 7k. Must have some glaring issues as i swear its been relisted about 3 times in the past month or 2.

Pros:

Full PDC / Kiwi new / no iDrive.

Cons:

No xenons / 223000km / silver.

• Like 1

@duluth - at that many km's, if it's not covered in oil from leaks then it's probably been serviced well. As long as it sounds and drives okay the distance travelled wouldn't concern me too much but I'd want a professional opinion on the clutch at that distance.

PDC is a bonus, I'd like it on mine tbh (but it looks ugly in the bumpers), lack of Xenons would be a hard 'no' for me, you can retrofit but at great expense. If you don't drive at night then it's no concern.

If it has no iDrive and Business radio then it has sh*t audio.

NZ New? Meh, without a full service history that's meaningless these days.

Edit: and no cover for the front tow hook, I think they're prohibitively expensive.

Edit, Edit: but $7k, as long as you can afford it. why not?

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, M3AN said:

NZ New? Meh, without a full service history that's meaningless these days.

I raised the NZ new point because there were only so many kiwi new manual 130i's (17? Ask Jacko), so it stands to reason that they're going to follow the stratospheric rise of similar cars as they age - may as well get in early. Bimmersport members in 2040 will be shitting themselves that they didn't pick up this bargain before they were worth 64K 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Totally fair point ^ how I overlooked that I'll never know. Think Sport Evo or CSL levels for sure.

I get that you're lampooning me, but seeing as the 130i/6 was literally the last atmo inline 6 with a manual gearbox that bmw produced, I don't think I'm wrong in saying that kiwi new versions of the format will be highly prized in future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leichtbau said:

I get that you're lampooning me, but seeing as the 130i/6 was literally the last atmo inline 6 with a manual gearbox that bmw produced, I don't think I'm wrong in saying that kiwi new versions of the format will be highly prized in future.

I'm not sure anyone cares if the e36 328i factory manual they're bidding on is from NZ or Japan to be honest... 

Jeez those goal posts were moved so fast I'm starting to suspect you handled Eden Park's transformation for the Six60 gig.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Jeez those goal posts were moved so fast I'm starting to suspect you handled Eden Park's transformation for the Six60 gig.

I think we must be talking at crossed purposes, I have no idea what you're referring to.

I was meaning that being NZ new isn't going to make a lot of difference at the end of the day, that's all.

• Like 1