Jacko

The 130i Thread

If thats the same one that was up for sale last year, it was a basket case and not worth anywhere near that unfortunately. The DMF was dead, throw out bearing sounded like a gas turbine, rear arch lips butchered and evidence of rear end respray (and bird shitted on 4 pot muffler to get a wof after someone lopped the stock muffler off)

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

Yeah it is the same car, re registered.... Have pics if anyone's interested, might make a good track hack. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KwS said:

Gosh that interior has not worn well for the KMs.

Yeah I noticed it was well worn on the wheel and gear shifter, worse than mine that has done more kms. 

The interior is pretty beaten up, but the exterior was worse. Lots of cracked paint and butchery etc, its had a hard life of flat peakers I think. If you could pick it up for like 6k would be OK, either turn it into a track car or spend a lot of coin to making it nice again (needs full panel and paint, and the mechanical issues) 

28 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Looks pretty honest for $8K / 200km. Only giveaways are the worn climate control buttons and steering wheel, looks like it's done half the k's otherwise

My old/first 130i. 
2009 build 2010 reg model with dumbo sidemirrors. 
I was the first nz owner. I put the bbs wheels on and sold it i think around 140kms at the end of 2017. 

Not sure if this is the right place for this (admin please move if needed) but what’s the going rate for a 130i powertrain? (N52 blacktop + manual transmission)

What condition ks and condition, N52B30s seem to be around $1400 mark in good nick (long block) I imagine the box is probably worth about the same? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this (admin please move if needed) but what’s the going rate for a 130i powertrain? (N52 blacktop + manual transmission)

If i remember correctly i saw a manual conversion sell on FB Marketplace for something like 3-4k

This might interest you https://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-vehicles/000000000006261915/2008-bmw-130i-hatch?referringPage=SearchResults

Edited by duluth
  • Like 1

image.png

Listed Yesterday.  Already dropped $2k....... the old fake sale.  Typical car dealer.
Failed it's last WOF too.

I keep seeing cars for sale on trademe that I only want bits of.... 

• Like 1

Best 130i deal ive seen recently.

Bargain imo at $8k
facelift with 135 front bumper and Advan wheels 123k kms

0711BF4B-EE94-4584-A4AA-EBFFAC1FDCE9.jpeg

3 hours ago, qube said:

Best 130i deal ive seen recently.

Bargain imo at $8k
facelift with 135 front bumper and Advan wheels 123k kms

I'm seriously eyeing this up once I've shifted my current vehicle. I noticed the price has dropped by $500 in last week. 

Edited by IainR

Yeah, I spied that one too... the only thing that really concerns me is the excessive wear and tear on the interior, it looks a little abused to me. I think you'd need to see it in person to determine whether a quick spruce-up would do the trick.

Edited by M3AN

Are you looking to buy Another 130i M3AN..???

52 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Are you looking to buy Another 130i M3AN..???

Naa, just keeping an eye on the market. I'm also thinking I missed a trick on one a while back that had some nice bits on it, I reckon I could have brought the car, exchanged bits, then sold it on closer to stock for similar money. But that's always a risk, I don't really need a 3rd BMW sitting around doing very little!

• Like 1

What size tyres is everyone running on their 130's with 18s?

I finally replaced the tyres since I purchased the car from @GorGasm a few years back.

And promptly F'd that up by buying the wrong fronts.

Had been running 225/40/118 and 255/35/18
Now its running 235/40/18 and 255/35/18

About a 1.5% increase in diameter on the front and a little wider of course.  Not sure I like it.

Currently Im running 225 40 18 & 255 35 18 on 7.5" & 8.5" (style 261, 135i wheels)

it totally depends on the wheel widths!

fronts if staggered are usually 7.5" --> 215/225 or 8" --> 225/235 with 40 profile

rears usually 8” —> 245 or 8.5" --> 255 or 9" --> 265 with 35 profile

I have also run 235 40 18 square on 18x8.5 wheels which seems fine.

Edited by qube