Jacko

The 130i Thread

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Don't screw around with cheap rotors and pads, trust me, its not worth it. Biggest ball ache Ive ever had was constantly warped "brembo" rotors. Its worth paying for decent stuff. If its a stock car getting driven as per stock - ATE rotors and pads. 

Good advice. Where does one get ATE in NZ?

6 hours ago, Jacko said:

Im running 75W140 (Royal Purple) as per KB recommendations, all works well and purple. Had run 75w90 for 250,000km previously before bearing damage. 

Is that 140 for a stock or limited slip diff?

Factory spec for the stock slippery diff is 75w90 GL-5 (BMW branded of course 🙄).

I don't know what to put in mine, I don't know what type of LSD it has.

6 hours ago, M3AN said:

Factory spec for the stock slippery diff is 75w90 GL-5 (BMW branded of course 🙄).

You could use a normal oil and a limited slip additive.

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/gear-oils/penrite-limslip-additive-150ml-lsadd000150/p/A1199297

6 hours ago, M3AN said:

Quaife, but the bearings are stock.

Guess it doesnt take much to write a 130i off then, that damage would've been fixable. Does the exhaust in the boot say something about the owner that put it into a pole?

would be doing really well to tweak the firewall with an impact like that, clearly it's the guard that's been shunted closer to the bonnet messing up the body lines. 

Yes there will be damage you can't see, but that's pretty minor compared to the stuff i supply parts to fix on a daily basis. 

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

I'd have to agree that's an obvious write off but it may not have that significant damage.  Only takes a couple of damaged parts to tip it over the edge.

Bottom A pillar panel 41 21 7 157 253 is $850+ alone... Probably ex Germany too. No chance it was getting repaired.

The quad exhaust backbox might be worth making an offer on.

Did basic service today, and as an experiment left the lid off the airbox... took it for a blat. Epic induction noises :D , noticeable resonant howl when second vanos stage opens up.

Roughly same intake temps when moving, circa 4 degree delta over ambient,  but expectably spikes up quickly when stopped. 

• Like 3

I seem to recall this one, is it owned by a BS member?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3164925676

Regardless, stating that you're not going to answer questions in the Q&A isn't cool, hopefully it will limit the market enough for the seller to change their position.

6 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I seem to recall this one, is it owned by a BS member?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3164925676

Regardless, stating that you're not going to answer questions in the Q&A isn't cool, hopefully it will limit the market enough for the seller to change their position. If I didnt have so many cars Id love to keep it..just a lack of storage and to nice to leave outside all winter now the garage is full.

Yes, its my car... and I wrote that as too many times, my auctions have been derailed or had its value impacted by inane questions from people that have no interest in buying....I may change my mind  but its easy enough to text me lol...

Edited by outlawtorn
  • Like 2

I do not need two 130s. I do not need two 130s. I do not need two 130s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

yes, yes you do..... its super nice! Lots of good bits....

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Did basic service today, and as an experiment left the lid off the airbox... took it for a blat. Epic induction noises :D , noticeable resonant howl when second vanos stage opens up.

Roughly same intake temps when moving, circa 4 degree delta over ambient,  but expectably spikes up quickly when stopped. 

download (1).jpeg

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, outlawtorn said:

Yes, its my car... and I wrote that as too many times, my auctions have been derailed or had its value impacted by inane questions from people that have no interest in buying....I may change my mind  but its easy enough to text me lol...

Q&A should be visible and transparent, you can't do that via txt. If an honest question and an honest answer drag the price down then the price needed to be dragged down. If it's just noise you don't need to answer the question, or you can answer with a "." so people can see silly questions. Serious buyers won't be dissuaded by idiot questions.

But hey, the market will decide, GLWS.

2 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Q&A should be visible and transparent, you can't do that via txt. If an honest question and an honest answer drag the price down then the price needed to be dragged down. If it's just noise you don't need to answer the question, or you can answer with a "." so people can see silly questions. Serious buyers won't be dissuaded by idiot questions.

But hey, the market will decide, GLWS.

Thanks...I have taken your feedback and amended my ad...questions will be answered... Hopefully no one with an intent to derail will lurk...

Edited by outlawtorn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, outlawtorn said:

Thanks...I have taken your feedback and amended my ad...questions will be answered... Hopefully no one with an intent to derail will lurk...

I think that's a good move and I hope it doesn't cause you grief!

One other question, you say new "hood" liner... is that a typo for "head" liner or an Americanised "bonnet" liner?

Stunning, have admired your attention to detail @outlawtorn! That's the best 130i for sale right now, no question.

Got any sound clips of the exhaust?

1 hour ago, outlawtorn said:

It's good you've fixed that - at least halfway.  By refusing to answer questions via the Q&A function, you'd put off at least half of your genuine buyers - those with a brain - as you deny them a record of your extended description of the state of the car.  That's an "unintended consequence" of being distracted by the very market you wish to avoid, yet are primarily focussed on.  

I like the fancy exhaust!

• Like 1

Does look like a great example!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

I think that's a good move and I hope it doesn't cause you grief!

One other question, you say new "hood" liner... is that a typo for "head" liner or an Americanised "bonnet" liner?

Thanks for pointing out my typo..Ive fixed it.... Its a new headliner...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

Stunning, have admired your attention to detail @outlawtorn! That's the best 130i for sale right now, no question.

Got any sound clips of the exhaust?

Thanks..I dont have a sound clip of it... but if you google Laptorr E87 exhaust there are a few sound clips to be found...its deep, throaty, no drone, cars behind will hear it pop and crackle on decel and in between gears under throttle....

• Like 1