Jacko

The 130i Thread

1 hour ago, KwS said:

Carjam says Jap import

What does the vin say? I went to check it but the sites I've used before are dead 😑

Japan.

Bimmer.work still works.

Its REALLY well optioned. Comfort access, active steering, sunroof, cruise, pdc, heated seats, adaptive xenon

• Like 1

Would make a great 7 series :D 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KwS said:

Its REALLY well optioned. Comfort access, active steering, sunroof, cruise, pdc, heated seats, adaptive xenon

I didn't even think all that stuff was available in 2006. Namely active steering and adaptive Xenons.

Seem pricy, even as a crate engine, no? Pretty sure the Germans, as precise as they are, would label it an "engine" rather than a "motor" but hard to know if that's an original label. 

Anyone running PU gearbox mounts? Im curious as to how much an increase in NVH there is (ordering bits for when engine and box come out)

Edited by Jacko

Think the recommended upgrade is e46 M3 gearbox mounts. Which I found out after replacing mine 😅

Supposedly a bit stiffer than stock with no NVH increase. 

I ran the M3 mounts on my previous 130i and took them out after a few days as did not like the small increase in NVH. I fitted them supposedly at correct torque.

Sitting in a box in case I change my mind on current car.

• Like 2

Ordered some 95A revshift poly ones, I seem to be pretty tolerant of NVH so will try my luck (35 profile tyres and fully polybushed car.. and I think its fine daily :D ) . At least easy to change if they do introduce to much noise. 

Anyone got any use for Pre-LCI black/silver alu Msport interior trim pieces, door cards/lowerdash/glove box etc. 

My pile of BMW bits is getting too big, if anyone wants them yell out and freebies, or they'll get spring cleaned. Probably worth $2000 in 10 years time when 130s Msports become the new E30 325s 😛 

• Like 2

I need a couple of bits of trim. The bit around the idrive and the steering wheel insert. If you have any of those

Edited by NZ_InFerno

19 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I need a couple of bits of trim. The bit around the idrive and the steering wheel insert. If you have any of those

Flick me some pics of what your after and Ill have a looksee

20 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Flick me some pics of what your after and Ill have a looksee

IMG_20210912_124955.thumb.jpg.4046f5e662aef79f89eae8e1444597f1.jpgIMG_20210912_125117.thumb.jpg.f50a317596b6f88028a3f957d67d626f.jpg

Idrive trim and steering wheel trim pieces with the lovely bmw soft plastic coming off. 

IMG_20210912_125029.thumb.jpg.facbc53d490d6614f46ac353202ffc19.jpg

If you've got a spare binnacle lid? I could even take the whole centre console through to the arm rest with everything attached. I had a quick look and my drink holder and arm rest have seen better days. 

Took the 130i for a good drive this afternoon after it had been sitting for a month. Fires up straight away with the new starter. I was quite surprised during the drive by how the engine was much more eager to rev and get up and go. Just felt really strong through the rev range. 

I'd swapped the intake boot to a Turner Motorsports silicone boot and cleaned the throttle body while I had it off but wasn't expecting them to make any difference performance wise. Definitely more intake noise, it sounds great so far. 

Only other things I can think that caused it to run better is the battery was disconnected so perhaps a reset of adaptations? and coils/plugs were removed and checked. 

Anyone else swapped their intake boot and noticed any performance improvements? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Anyone else swapped their intake boot and noticed any performance improvements? 

Yes, and no difference noticed.

Having said that my car has a relatively loud exhaust, I wouldn't expect to hear any change in intake noise, and a very high-strung tune so I wouldn't likely feel the extra 0.0003hp.

Edited by M3AN
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Idrive trim and steering wheel trim pieces with the lovely bmw soft plastic coming off. 

If you've got a spare binnacle lid? I could even take the whole centre console through to the arm rest with everything attached. I had a quick look and my drink holder and arm rest have seen better days. 

None of those bits sorry, well I have the binnacle lid buts its got a dent in it. Replacing it with the tray option is better anyway, fits a cellphone well (+wireless charging option)

• Like 1

Its interesting the average fuel use is 10.7 to 10.8L/100kms for 130's.

Mines higher at about 11.8L/100kms.  Near no city driving though.  You would think it would be less.  But the rural roads are all 0-100-0 starts and stops.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/bmw/130i

Edited by Driftit

28 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Its interesting the average fuel use is 10.7 to 10.8L/100kms for 130's.

Mines higher at about 11.8L/100kms.  Near no city driving though.  You would think it would be less.  But the rural roads are all 0-100-0 starts and stops.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/bmw/130i

Aprils gets slightly less than that average of ~10.7 but I have got it down to 7.2L (after doing a reset) a couple of times going from the shore to Hampton Downs. In saying that I end up a nervous wreck by the end.

Edit, thinking about this more I am pretty sure I have seen ~6.8 when going full preserve mode, but either way my point is that for a 3L engine it can get quite low when it isn't having to stop and start.

Edited by Jamez

Mines 11-12L/100km but I've not driven the car much so when I do its with a heavy foot on shorter distances and/ or testing after changing something. So it always needs to be driven through the Italian tune up route up and down the hills. 

If I'm going 100kmh it's around 8.5L/100km

Purchase/ownership of a 130i today would suggest you're more of a "spirited" driver. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 1

Mine's also 11-12 around town but it can climb rapidly if I'm using sport mode because my trans flash holds to redline if I'm putting the foot in it in that mode.

Best I got, working really hard on it, on a trip from Auckland to Pauanui was 6.9 to Kopu but then the trip over the hill, with no traffic, to Hikuai killed that. 😂

Edited by M3AN