Jacko

The 130i Thread

Nice. Reminds me of my last N52. No mention of any maintenance (gaskets etc) something I would note if it were my advert.

• Like 1

An offer of 7.5k.... Guess some of the cheaper high km manual cars lately  may have tweaked some perspectives?

I would assume as it has new shocks, quality tyres and looks tidy with service history that most of the will fail stuff should have been done? I think if so, he should mention it if he wants top dollar?

I got $11k for my Jap one (130k km) I would expect this to be wanting similar'ish being NZ, better spec, etc??

Well I just asked the question, so will see what gives....

This screams the missus says sell. 

• Haha 1

Man, will have to rethink the starting price for my N54 powered 130i manual after seeing this 

9 minutes ago, gofaster said:

Man, will have to rethink the starting price for my N54 powered 130i manual after seeing this 

Got a build thread for it? Or pm me the info if you're selling, could be interested.

So was having a casual browse on trademe, only 13 130i for sale, much lower than usual 20-30 I've observed over the last couple years. 2 manuals, including the worldy listed above. 

Also had a look at 135i, they also exhibit similar pricing behaviour in regards to manuals and a significant price difference over an automatic.

Cheapest auto is 14k, manual 22k. Similar spec, condition, maintenance and kms. Obviously not an indicator of sale price, though the manual has a deposit on it. 

1 hour ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Got a build thread for it? Or pm me the info if you're selling, could be interested.

Hi Dan

It is the ex-HellBM one, there is a thread under Projects, 3rd page in near the top

I will PM you an attachment I have created with all details and maintenance I have done recently in readiness for an advt later this weekend after groom which I will put on Bimmersport before FB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, NZ_InFerno said:

So was having a casual browse on trademe, only 13 130i for sale, much lower than usual 20-30 I've observed over the last couple years. 2 manuals, including the worldy listed above. 

Also had a look at 135i, they also exhibit similar pricing behaviour in regards to manuals and a significant price difference over an automatic.

Cheapest auto is 14k, manual 22k. Similar spec, condition, maintenance and kms. Obviously not an indicator of sale price, though the manual has a deposit on it. 

Just bring in a conversion from the US. Then at least you can shop around for a better spec/condition vehicle. They are just the modern Nissan Silvia right now. Mod and play with them while you can.

For the price premium you pay for a 130i manual you are into 135i auto territory. The big torque curve of the 135i works a lot better with the auto than the the 130 in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

For those of you who have installed tweeters, is it a door card off job? 

If there's a video of an install I'll take it 

You'll need to take the door card off to get to the connector... plastic pry tool to unpop the clips, thump with back of fist to install. Door handles etc pop off pretty simply from cables. Easy peasy. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Thanks 1

• Like 3

Shite thats a good deal for a FL manual with billys.

Nice, I saw a comment the price of them in Japan has doubled in last year...

IMG_20220123_135223.thumb.jpg.29e3b41e3c75905ee3cc64dd1992e52d.jpg

130i out in the wild at Hardpark today. 

Yes I still haven't done anything to it recently, schmiedmann parts order still hasn't arrived 😭

• Like 5

“Is there any structural damage to the chassis..?”

The big crease in the sill shown in the photo would suggest a yes to this question.🤦🏻

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Looking at trademe at the moment and prices on the new imports are definitely trending up.... 

There is also this - https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3447580373?bof=J9eIxXbu

I don't need this but I'm tempted to buy it for the engine/wheels