Jacko

The 130i Thread

5 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Wheels are now sold to Jamez (for free)

If anyone wants a 130i Backbox w/resonator I still have it!

and also if anyone wants pre-lci Tail lights, and rear wiper module w/wiper I have em too :)

Merry Christmas hohoho

I'd be keen on the tail lights. Would need to organise a pick up from someone. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angelo said:

I have another one up for grabs, Black Grill. and guess what? its free!!!

https://euroshop.co.nz/products/bmw-kidney-grill-gloss-black-e81-e87

problem is they dont fit/clip properly on my car, soo I am happy to give this out too.

I would have been keen on this too

Edit : this definitely won't fit my car lol 

Will pass. 

These grills are so hard to find 

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NZ_InFerno said:

I need one of these too, can I grab it?

fosho :)

Soooo... After 3+ years of ownership (and way too much money spent on mods 😅), I've kind of been hankering for a bit of a change, so with the cheaper listings today on trademe, I decided to list my 130i for sale. I might be biased but must be one of the best of its kind, along with @Jacko's.

I'll add more details in the listing when I get a chance this weekend, but most of the details are in my showroom thread too. I've priced it somewhat optimistically, but I don't think you could replicate it for this price so will see if any interest comes in.

Listing here... https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3725261859?bof=eCbHFMa8

Feel free to PM me here too if you're interested

• Like 2

Yikes! Dont do it :D I would say GLWS, but I wont haha. 

Personally, I think 18 is completely fair, any other part of the world it'd be snapped up as a bargain at that price. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Soooo... After 3+ years of ownership (and way too much money spent on mods 😅), I've kind of been hankering for a bit of a change, so with the cheaper listings today on trademe, I decided to list my 130i for sale. I might be biased but must be one of the best of its kind, along with @Jacko's.

I'll add more details in the listing when I get a chance this weekend, but most of the details are in my showroom thread too. I've priced it somewhat optimistically, but I don't think you could replicate it for this price so will see if any interest comes in.

Listing here... https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3725261859?bof=eCbHFMa8

Feel free to PM me here too if you're interested

It's an epic car, a great build and I'd love all those bits. It's going to take a very, very particular buyer at 18k though, I hope you've got time, and patience. Regardless, GLWS!

Yeah I am torn about it, it is already the longest I’ve ever owned a single car. I’m sure it’ll be one of those ones I wish I’d never sold but such is life. I think you guys are both right, it is a fair price for a very particular buyer! Let’s see what happens anyway, not really worth selling it for much less than the asking price but it’s probably not the best market to be selling a 6 cylinder petrol car either…

• Like 1

Saw it pop up on my trademe search and recognised it immediately, still such an epic car. 

Hoping you get all the money for it!

• Like 1

What you should do is part it out and Auction all the parts to members of this particular forum thread only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha if I had more time and space then putting it back to stock and selling all the parts separately would probably be the best option, but I'm sadly short on both space and time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Haha if I had more time and space then putting it back to stock and selling all the parts separately would probably be the best option, but I'm sadly short on both space and time!

Bugger! 😉

But hey, if it doesn't sell quickly enough for you I'd seriously entertain swapping some stuff on to mine with cash your way, allowing you to reduce your asking price. I'd even do all the work (carefully of course). Long shot I know but keep the offer in your back pocket, you never know.

20 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Bugger! 😉

But hey, if it doesn't sell quickly enough for you I'd seriously entertain swapping some stuff on to mine with cash your way, allowing you to reduce your asking price. I'd even do all the work (carefully of course). Long shot I know but keep the offer in your back pocket, you never know.

Cool, will definitely keep that in mind. I actually have pretty much all the original parts sitting under the house still too 😅. Plus other new spares that i haven't even fitted yet!

Will see what happens in the next little while anyway. I need to go and test drive some of the possible replacements I have in mind, maybe that'll spur me into keeping it anyway 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Cool, will definitely keep that in mind. I actually have pretty much all the original parts sitting under the house still too 😅. Plus other new spares that i haven't even fitted yet!

Will see what happens in the next little while anyway. I need to go and test drive some of the possible replacements I have in mind, maybe that'll spur me into keeping it anyway 🤣

+$50 ;) 

Ive been trying to get a Simota intake, no one has any in stock, not even Simota factory answer me. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Matt said:

What are the contenders?

6 hours ago, ciderbeard said:

What are the contenders?

Something odd has taken over my brain and I'm actually thinking of going FWD. Current contenders are R56 Mini JCW, Fiesta ST, or perhaps a Megane RS265. Audi S1 another possible choice, but I think the 4WD detracts rather than adds to the appeal for me.

I hired a Megane RS265 over in Australia a couple of times several years ago. Did a few thousand k total. Was absolutely blown away by how awesome it was to drive on a good road, probably the most exciting car I've ever driven, but I don't think it would be a great daily driver round town. That's what first got me switched on to how much fun a FWD car can be. Given that I drive ~80km per day on my commute too then something a bit smaller and more efficient than the 130i is pretty appealing at the moment, hence the JCW or Fiesta ST as options.

Of course I could keep the 130i as a weekend car and get something small and boring as a daily. But with 2 kids, I don't really get that much weekend time to enjoy driving anyway, so I'd actually rather have the fun car as a daily when I'm on my own then something boring/electric as the weekend car when I'm just driving them around places.

One of my previous cars was a Mk6 Golf R, which was fast and it was fun, but not that involving to drive, the 130i is on another league for driving kicks, and it also made me realise I'd much rather be driving a manual car every day than auto or DSG...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Something odd has taken over my brain and I'm actually thinking of going FWD. Current contenders are R56 Mini JCW, Fiesta ST, or perhaps a Megane RS265. Audi S1 another possible choice, but I think the 4WD detracts rather than adds to the appeal for me.

I hired a Megane RS265 over in Australia a couple of times several years ago. Did a few thousand k total. Was absolutely blown away by how awesome it was to drive on a good road, probably the most exciting car I've ever driven, but I don't think it would be a great daily driver round town. That's what first got me switched on to how much fun a FWD car can be. Given that I drive ~80km per day on my commute too then something a bit smaller and more efficient than the 130i is pretty appealing at the moment, hence the JCW or Fiesta ST as options.

Of course I could keep the 130i as a weekend car and get something small and boring as a daily. But with 2 kids, I don't really get that much weekend time to enjoy driving anyway, so I'd actually rather have the fun car as a daily when I'm on my own then something boring/electric as the weekend car when I'm just driving them around places.

One of my previous cars was a Mk6 Golf R, which was fast and it was fun, but not that involving to drive, the 130i is on another league for driving kicks, and it also made me realise I'd much rather be driving a manual car every day than auto or DSG...

Fiesta ST 1.6T would be my pick, easy to tune and more reliable than the Mini. Great on the twisties too. My mate loves his one as a daily.

I want a GR yaris bad...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jacko said:

I want a GR yaris bad...

I compete against one Chris, in Motorkhana and Autocross. Was lucky enough to be given a drive. They feel like you expect, a purpose built car that is road legal. Awesome little thing that does everything well, just need a little more burble from the exhaust - which you can fix. (On grass my Nissan is still King, but that is likely the driver holding the Yaris up 😁)

Edited by gofaster

33 minutes ago, gofaster said:

Fiesta ST 1.6T would be my pick, easy to tune and more reliable than the Mini. Great on the twisties too. My mate loves his one as a daily.

Always heard great things about the focus and fiesta ST but god damn the prices are rediculous.

Haha sadly a GR Yaris is way out of budget, but the want is definitely there! I have colleagues with JCW mini's and fiesta STs so need to line up drives of them sometime soon and see how they stack up.

Focus ST would be cool, but I agree the prices are ridiculous on them

No interest in the 135i F20?  They are very cheap now.  And have much more to give than any of the others listed.  Won't save you any gas money though.

Funnily enough the F20 has never appealed to me as much as the E87. The fact they only ever seem to be available as autos here doesn't help, no matter how good an auto it is.