Jacko

The 130i Thread

What is the Fxx 4 piston area compared to the e8x 6 pistons, mm-wise? I've got a free day tomorrow to do some brake bias calculations wrt the 135i 2 piston rear.

36mm 32mm 28mm on E82 135 fronts (6 pot) , 42mm e82 135 rear (2 pot) 

• Like 1

So I'm leaning towards sticking with oem brakes, rebuilding the calipers if needed, and new discs with upgraded pads. Can get everything new including sensors etc and it's a third of the price. 

It seems like good front brake pads for the 130i are hard to find, found some nice rears but no joy in the front unless I go with Centric? ceramic pads. They any good? Are E46 M3 pads the same size as stock? 

M-Lite (Blue):

Front 4 pistons: 40/40mm = 50.3 cm^2 (67%)
Rear 2 pistons: 40mm cm = 25.1 cm^2 (33%)

Nearly identical bias as the gold ones.

1 minute ago, NZ_InFerno said:

So I'm leaning towards sticking with oem brakes, rebuilding the calipers if needed, and new discs with upgraded pads. Can get everything new including sensors etc and it's a third of the price. 

It seems like good front brake pads for the 130i are hard to find, found some nice rears but no joy in the front unless I go with Centric? ceramic pads. They any good? Are E46 M3 pads the same size as stock? 

I have a spare set of 130 front calipers you can have for not much if you want to rebuild a set when the other is still on the car. Will have the rears as well when I can be bothered with the faff.

I actually have a spare set of calipers from @Jacko I'd forgotten about, which is why I'm now going to do the stock brakes. I've ordered discs now so it's happening 😅

• Like 2

Sold my 130! Loved that car, but had 4 cars plus my wifes, so felt it best to move it on to free up space. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, outlawtorn said:

Sold my 130! Loved that car, but had 4 cars plus my wifes, so felt it best to move it on to free up space. 

You'll be back 😂

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

Are you considering buying it to flip? I want the wheels and diff…

It's a nice parts car but still to pricy.

Does it have a special diff?

Not a fresh import, and it is straight, but not as nice as the trade me pics show. Would clean up well, no oil leaks and engine looks nice and clean. 

GruppeM intake is a bit average, nice carbon just a bit shitty execution. Can't see any other goodies on it. 

Would be good buy for 10ish and make shiney, or parts. 

IMG_20210717_143000.jpg

IMG_20210717_143316.jpg

IMG_20210717_143359.jpg

IMG_20210717_143238.jpg

IMG_20210717_143223.jpg

IMG_20210717_143154.jpg

IMG_20210717_143028.jpg

IMG_20210717_143000.jpg

• Like 1

Rear window down in the rain?

Is that lovely intake delaminating? 😮

Yeah.. Wet.... 

Carbon looks OK, just a bit scratched. It'd cut out easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IainR said:

How did the exhaust setup sound? 

Didnt start it, have heard them before though and is a nice bit of engineering. Does sound good, quad exhaust looks a bit naff to me :D 

Im looking forward to hearing my setup in a months time, headers and resonator delete on stock muffler. Hopefully doesnt drone and isnt too loud. 

Was pretty dissapointed with the gruppe M intake, expected better for the price they go for. I need to have a close look at simota intake and then weigh up making my own.

• Thanks 1

I didn't know this was a thing.  My car is loud all the time even at idle.  I see that bimmertools can control it.  Might see if it still works.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=UD52-EUR-07-2007-E87N-BMW-130i&diagId=18_0667

image.png

Also something I have not changed on this car is the fuel filter.  Is it located under the car like an E46 or is it part of the float assembly?

I got $12500 for mine in less than a week going to market.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I didn't know this was a thing.  My car is loud all the time even at idle.  I see that bimmertools can control it.  Might see if it still works.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=UD52-EUR-07-2007-E87N-BMW-130i&diagId=18_0667

image.png

Also something I have not changed on this car is the fuel filter.  Is it located under the car like an E46 or is it part of the float assembly?

You have to buy the whole assembly which has the lines,regulator and float attached. Another N series money sink at $193.50 USD + shipping from FCP. Probably better off back flushing it to see what its like. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle said:

You have to buy the whole assembly which has the lines,regulator and float attached. Another N series money sink at $193.50 USD + shipping from FCP. Probably better off back flushing it to see what its like. 

Ah thought so.  Pretty stupid thing to do really BMW.

Sure it just hasn't had the golf T mod done? 

Edited by Jacko

2 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Ah thought so.  Pretty stupid thing to do really BMW.

Or smart business if you a BMW exec 

11 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Sure it just hasn't had the golf T mod done? 

Could have.  Sounds nice but a little loud at 5:40am.

1 hour ago, outlawtorn said:

I got $12500 for mine in less than a week going to market.

Definitely priced it to sell, considering the kms and condition. 

Gives a good market price point for mine considering how similar they are 😂

• Like 1