Sign in to follow this  
UncleArthur

Coding recommendation in Wgtn

Shout out to promo and recommendation to all for any coding/tuning/re-mapping/key programming etc in Wellington area... Had issues with my daughters newly purchased 2007 E87 120i with key access not working - car would start OK but could not lock/unlock from remote... Had tried Beveridge's and even dealer without much luck.

...dropped the car to promo who found that car was OK, but both keys supplied were wrong type (correct freq but not CAS3 compatible) - he managed to find a new OEM key  & programmed it  - works fantastic!

Was about to give up & install 3rd party alarm just for unlocking convenience - but that would mean two remotes etc.

While talking promo also mentioned he could look at my other car - a 2008 E90 335D - which had previously been remapped in Auckland, but has big issue with HUGE soot clouds when exercising right-foot... I mean "James Bond would  be proud" smokescreen. Only started being an issue once blocked DPF was changed...

Anyway, promo suggested he could load factory tune to confirm issue was not more sinister - which he did and problem solved! Have not really noticed too much power loss as yet, but might be back to promo to get new tune loaded before long...

Thanks promo -  recommend to all

• Like 2

Thank Leon for the review :). 

@KwS that would be me :)

• Like 2

Yeah Pramod is a guru, he scanned my 130i which was getting the Xmas tree lights and diagnosed low battery charge as the issue. 

Took time out from his dinner to do it too, great guy. 

• Like 2

might need some help to diagnose non working central locking for the two front doors on our E61.. @promo

@promoid been keen for you to take a look at my 2009 335i which is having a slight rough idle and surging while cruising. 

maybe give it the once over and check codes etc. 

Where in Wellington at you based? 

Cheers

@qube, might be hard as you're based in Auckland :)

On 12/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, SmackJackTheCrackerMan said:

@promoid been keen for you to take a look at my 2009 335i which is having a slight rough idle and surging while cruising. 

maybe give it the once over and check codes etc. 

Where in Wellington at you based? 

Cheers

Hey im based in Kingston. give me a buzz on 027 4444 233 if you need anything