Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

E46 M3 Decat.

Gives a deeper note with improved performance. Post cat Oxy sensors coded out. Available $750 includes fitting and tune. 
3E6DF876-31C5-4168-8DBC-84F7B9E14B44.thumb.jpeg.32e04740e342e05d2b565f0ca16e59b4.jpeg

Jig made for the production line. 
6B23E241-4D04-4FC0-9FF3-3E4365BDEACB.thumb.jpeg.43a2e21ed7e58926e5d4747774332100.jpeg

• Like 5

But the cLiMaTE cHAngE!

Greta will be most upset by those additional oxides of nitrogen you are releasing! 

Definitely worth it though :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, M3_Power said:

OMG you just chopped up a CSL cat ????

Had me worried for a moment there Tom ?

968DAA2D-9C59-41C1-90C2-421540AA328E.thumb.jpeg.a818bab0d95076238f8bbd6788ed911a.jpeg

Definitely get a video / sound clip if you can. 

We need some lock down entertainment :p 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:47 PM, Michael. said:

But the cLiMaTE cHAngE!

Greta will be most upset by those additional oxides of nitrogen you are releasing! 

Definitely worth it though :D 

Whilst it is probably fair to say that the chnage in overall contribution to the global emissions by taking that cats off an E46, that is likely only driven a very few kms each year, is in effect zero it is technically a WoF failure for "changing or removing any emissions control equipment". I have heard the argument many times that "most WoF testers won't even notice", especially if you bung 'em a dozen piss at Christmas, but the rumblings from the NZTA is that they are going to get much stricter on emissions laws going forwards. It probably comes from having the Green Party as part of our coalition government driving this forwards.

Including an actual exhaust gas test in the WoF check is being actively discussed.

To he honest it is time that NZ got up to speed with this part of vehicle testing, the number of shitty Jap import light trucks and vans that I see with clouds of black soot pouring out the exhaust, even when they are empty, is beyond a joke. Ok, in terms of the world volumes still pretty much negligible, but for our local air quality - especially when following one of the bloody things in a traffic jam - it would make a difference.

• Like 4

I agree and that why I dont like diesels in general, plenty that shouldn't even pass a WOF even without testing. All these guys removing DPF from their utes etc maybe in for a shock at some stage when they gotta pay to put them back in to pass a wof. Maybe it will slow down sales to all these idiots that think they need a ute.

• Like 2

I agree. Although I did a de-cat in 2003 and it would prick my bum if they chose to pull me up on it now!

Looking forward to seeing how a lower income family with their old petrol or diesel vehicle would manage to fix it up if they don't pass a new WOF emissions standards, repairing the exhaust system and installing a cat or DPF could bankrupt them, so they will probably just drive around with no WOF and take the risk. Upgrading to a better car is probably out of the question too for many. Let alone a super expensive electric car, could get a cheap one that needs the battery replaced soon though. 

• Like 1

It's part and parcel of owning a car, its no different to your car failing on 4 shock absorbers cause they are leaking. It's gunna cost a stack to fix so I don't buy that as an excuse 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Including an actual exhaust gas test in the WoF check is being actively discussed.

This would be excellent - the number of cars/trucks in NZ belching black smoke with even minimal throttle application is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Michael. said:

Looking forward to seeing how a lower income family with their old petrol or diesel vehicle would manage to fix it up if they don't pass a new WOF emissions standards, repairing the exhaust system and installing a cat or DPF could bankrupt them, so they will probably just drive around with no WOF and take the risk. Upgrading to a better car is probably out of the question too for many. Let alone a super expensive electric car, could get a cheap one that needs the battery replaced soon though. 

There would have to be parameters based on the vehicle and age i would think. Im not against removing all old cars from the road purely because of age but should be at least some sort of standard to remove the worse offenders (which are mainly as Jon stated) 

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

There would have to be parameters based on the vehicle and age i would think. Im not against removing all old cars from the road purely because of age but should be at least some sort of standard to remove the worse offenders (which are mainly as Jon stated) 

It already does and already is a fail if a cat or DPF is removed, but only as long as the vehicle was manufactured after 1990 and first registered in NZ after May 2010, unless it passes an emissions test without it fitted. So if the above M3 was first registered in NZ after 2010, it would be a WOF fail and thus illegal to remove the cats.

2. A vehicle (other than group L vehicle or a class MA or MC motorsport vehicle with a valid motorsport authority card) that was first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 May 2010 and manufactured from 1 January 1990 has a catalytic converter (or diesel particulate filter (DPF) in the case of diesel powered vehicles) removed where there is evidence that one was originally fitted, and there is no written evidence issued by an entry certifier that the vehicle passed a prescribed metered emissions test in this condition

Edited by KwS

Existing rules aren't enforced that well hence all the smokey pos still driving around. 

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Existing rules aren't enforced that well hence all the smokey pos still driving around. 

Chances are they were all registered before 2010, thats how they still stay on the road. The one rule that should be pulling them out is the excessive smoke rule, but it seems no one can be bothered testing for that. I know we failed a Mitsi for it at work a while back, but all the owner did was drive it away with no WOF and probably take it somewhere else for a pass after dumping some smoke stop in it.

Im not in disagreement about the current law but i highly doubt many are getting pinged for DPF's regardless when their vehicle was registered before or after 2010. As Jon said they are said they are looking at changes and you can almost guarantee there wont be a shortage of people failing for removing them. The excessive smoking aspect is one ive made from the start and my main gripe which emission testing will help curb.

• Like 1

Four orders for these `test pipes`.

Thanks for the genuine enquiries and a big shout out to the Bimmersport Legal team for the free advertising.

IMG_6302.thumb.JPG.ac77ae723afb1ecfff0b65ecaa7e2cd6.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, HELLBM said:

big shout out to the Bimmersport Legal team for the free advertising.

Thanks for the laugh of the day haha 

Could I use either of the 2 pipes pictured as an equivalent or have I got the wrong section?

From agency power, still sitting in my closet from when we did the CSL air box install, never seen day light since lol.

F896B1FD-F5C2-4782-92F2-FE9D2966E4DD.jpeg

6 hours ago, JBM3 said:

Could I use either of the 2 pipes pictured as an equivalent or have I got the wrong section?

From agency power, still sitting in my closet from when we did the CSL air box install, never seen day light since lol.

F896B1FD-F5C2-4782-92F2-FE9D2966E4DD.jpeg

Bring them in sometime so we can see if they will work.