Sign in to follow this  
BilbeJ

New here with an e28 535i

Howdy, 

After owning many makes and models over the years I’ve found myself in my second BMW - a 535i and am really enjoying it...

Found it on FB marketplace and always had a soft spot for this chassis so I snapped it up and bonus that it’s a 535. 

Right now I’m needing to replace the front shocks-any recommendations for suppliers here? 

Im also toying with the idea of doing a manual conversion. Any leads on parts appreciated..cheers! 

CEF5A72C-883A-44BA-82B8-30C1C9EAE72C.jpeg

054EE817-88F6-458E-A707-E5002B0CAE8C.jpeg

FBE226BE-7D96-4028-8855-8D95C3496AA3.jpeg

6DA21517-EF17-4207-960A-54B5BD8C4BD5.jpeg

• Like 7

very nice , i think i know that car , last few owners etc , we also had a green one just like it many many years ago 

manual swap parts hard to come by now.

and to be honest i probably wouldnt bother now with doing a swap on one of these 

shocks , try fcp etc , bilstein etc 

5 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

very nice , i think i know that car , last few owners etc , we also had a green one just like it many many years ago 

manual swap parts hard to come by now.

and to be honest i probably wouldnt bother now with doing a swap on one of these 

shocks , try fcp etc , bilstein etc 

There was an m30 (e34?) engine/gearbox on TM just recently that I should have jumped on. 

I’m wanting something fun to drive that after brakes etc have been gone through I can take on the track, so for me seems like a good option

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BilbeJ said:

There was an m30 (e34?) engine/gearbox on TM just recently that I should have jumped on. 

I’m wanting something fun to drive that after brakes etc have been gone through I can take on the track, so for me seems like a good option

ok, yea used to track my old one , and after years and years of mods and upgrades to make it better moved on to other models 

Great choice. While brake technology has moved on the e28 brakes were used on the e30 M3 , I believe too.

Did I mention you will get to know/make many new friends when you stop on your trips.

Take care out there.

• Like 1