Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

How many e24 635csi are there

Just a little thread.

Is there any accurate way of seeing how many 635csi are in the country. I have looked on car jam but it all depends on how they get registered. 

There is alot of different ways they have done it over the years

635csi

635c.s.i

635CSI

Just some examples

From a rough add up theres about 100 but there is many configurations

635 count.png

Edited by scottharvey

Yup, the joys of used imports, can write any old bollocks on the form and the person at the counter just types it into the MVR. Hence the “318i M3” Regos.

The best / most accurate way I  think is to filter by key features, such as engine size, age, body style / number of doors, etc then  see what’s left that roughly resembles 635.

One thing to note is that the CarJam numbers only include cars where the owners have not made details “private”, so it’s not all cars in NZ.

Hi Scott, sorry to jump belatedly on this thread.  

The reason I am typing these words is because of the 635csi. My first car love was the BMW 635csi.

My best friend's dad was a mega -successful architect - and his salad days were the 1980's. 

In 1982,  had a blue 633csi. That was followed by a UK imported, 1983 635csi in Royal Blue with black recaro seats. I was smitten by that car. I remember that car like it was yesterday. He proceeded to delve into the world of Ferrari's - but I recall in 88 - he bought another 635csi in royal blue for his wife. Such a stunning car!!! My dream was to get one - a dream fulfilled in 1999 when I bought a 1989 635csi Highline - in Burgundy / cream leather - at the time one of the best examples in NZ.

This car has been discussed a few times before.

I have a register of M635csi's in NZ ( 20 examples in NZ new plus various imports). As for 635csi's I was told in 99 that there were over 100 in NZ. They were popular - despite their $125k price tags when BMW NZ imported them in from around 84/85. Sadly rust has affected many - with many once fabulous UK examples now dead and I have heard of a few NZ new examples been affected too. Sorry - hard to determine accurately how many live today. However, not many 1979 examples with a body kit, adorned in Henna red! :) 

635csi highline 1989.jpg

Edited by ssbmw
  • Like 2