Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

Demontweeks / Parcelforce delays

On 5/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, Gaz said:

Found out today all mail services from the UK to NZ have been halted except for courier and don't know if it'll ever turn up

Source? 

Royal mail has been sending since the start of last month https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Mate went to send us something, they refused to. 

Mother in law also went to send us something and wouldn't but would courier it

So my suspension from Demontweeks has been lost by Parcelforce - still no scans since the 10th of April.

Demontweeks have now requested them to return to sender and will refund me...

Going to pick up the same product from Speedfactor now - small price premium but given the economy, much happier to be supporting a local business and they've already given me good advice ?

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

Mate went to send us something, they refused to. 

Mother in law also went to send us something and wouldn't but would courier it

Interesting. Wonder if thats the reason i'm still waiting on a couple of normal mail items from the UK that were sent almost two months ago.

7 hours ago, KwS said:

Interesting. Wonder if thats the reason i'm still waiting on a couple of normal mail items from the UK that were sent almost two months ago.

Oddly today we had two parcels delivered from the UK. Both sent early April so maybe they are not accepting anything until they have cleared the backlog?

On 5/30/2020 at 11:30 AM, Sammo said:

So my suspension from Demontweeks has been lost by Parcelforce - still no scans since the 10th of April.

Demontweeks have now requested them to return to sender and will refund me...

Going to pick up the same product from Speedfactor now - small price premium but given the economy, much happier to be supporting a local business and they've already given me good advice ?

That is odd, maybe it really is lost! Usually big bits from DemonTweeks come straight thru to us in Christchurch, around three or four days. We got some wheels last week from Apex, in the US, send on the Thursday our time, here Monday 10.30am.

And the same with a job lot of discs and calipers from Schmeidmann, ordered Friday our time, here Monday midday, back in April when we were all locked up.

For sure Royal Mail is all choked up, as is our postal system. Just a waiting game really, and hope we do not end up out of pocket?

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bandit said:

That is odd, maybe it really is lost! Usually big bits from DemonTweeks come straight thru to us in Christchurch, around three or four days. We got some wheels last week from Apex, in the US, send on the Thursday our time, here Monday 10.30am.

And the same with a job lot of discs and calipers from Schmeidmann, ordered Friday our time, here Monday midday, back in April when we were all locked up.

For sure Royal Mail is all choked up, as is our postal system. Just a waiting game really, and hope we do not end up out of pocket?

Yeah... Looks like it, Parcel Force have been terrible throughout to be honest, keep. Suggesting it's a Covid delay and to be patient when they can't produce a scan for almost 8 weeks... 

Through lockdown I've been consistently getting FCP orders inside a week from the states. 

I think it helps that FCP use Fed Ex who have a local network here I.e don't need to hand over to NZ Post. 

Demontweaks are useless with or without a virus.

16 hours ago, FIAT 131R said:

Demontweaks are useless with or without a virus.

We have bought in three or four shipments (big boxes, suspension bits) and have nothing but good reports. BUT this was prior to CVoid19, the last shipment was Dec2019. The pricing on Koni and Eibach and KWV / ST coilover stuff is pretty smart, plus there are GST benefits, all the imports have slipped thru the net GST wise.?

• Like 1

Demontweeks are extremely slow and useless in responding, from my one and only order with them midway through last year. Took a month to even ship two Bilstein shocks, which were in stock at the time. Had zero response to my communications to them either asking about  the order.

Finally got an automated email it had shipped and turned up two weeks later. 6 weeks total, for something in stock. Pretty poor.

They have pretty cheap prices, but if I was ordering again I'd go elsewhere and pay a little more. 

• Like 1

I contacted the sender of my item. They've resent, but that one now appears stuck at an airport too. 

And an order from Germany is having exactly the same issue. 

If shipments from overseas are being held at departure points, why aren't NZ Post advising of this? 

18 hours ago, Olaf said:

I choose suppliers on basis of who they use for freight.  They don't call them Parcel Farce for nothing!

There are global freight delays.  I've just had legal documents take two weeks to get from Sydney to Wellington via courier.   Freight costs have gone through the roof as supply is diminished, and competition for space is high.

At the moment at least, FCP Euro are able to draw stock.  And get it here in four days via FedEx.

FedEx or DHL are my recommendations.  

Agree, Fed Ex have been exceptional throughout IMO.

19 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Demontweeks are extremely slow and useless in responding, from my one and only order with them midway through last year. Took a month to even ship two Bilstein shocks, which were in stock at the time. Had zero response to my communications to them either asking about  the order.

Finally got an automated email it had shipped and turned up two weeks later. 6 weeks total, for something in stock. Pretty poor.

They have pretty cheap prices, but if I was ordering again I'd go elsewhere and pay a little more. 

My Demontweeks order finally got refunded so have ended up purchasing locally via Speedfactor.

DC Performance are another UK retailer with a great range and prices - have not ordered through them but were very responsive when I got a shipping quote for sending a shock and spring kit here.

lol - one of my packages has just arrived after 8 weeks. I got a refund 3 days ago... ?

It was from the US and I had other stuff from the US ordered later and delivered earlier. Now I'm in that PITA situation of having more than I need and trying to negotiate with the original seller (they haven't been paid our on insurance yet and I'd have to sign an affidavit to say I didn't receive it).

Anyone need some high quality Philips 6500K H8/11/16 fog/halo LEDs?

On 6/17/2020 at 7:25 PM, gjm said:

If shipments from overseas are being held at departure points, why aren't NZ Post advising of this? 

What did you expect from a state owned company lol?

21 hours ago, Olaf said:

RESULT!

Have you tried Stocks?

Stocks trade price list, for Koni stuff especially, is twice the price of what we buy, freight and GST allowance included. Their pricing was pretty smart ten or fifteen years ago, but the advent of more on line choices out of Europe, UK and the USA has worked against them.

We prefer Koni to Bilstein on our NZ roads, especially on the BMW and Porsche.

All our Demon Tweaks stuff has come via DHL, Schmeidmann and Turners with FedEX.

• Like 1

I agree regarding Stocks.

Their prices are through the roof and they try and get out of repairing their faulty workmanship.

As much as I would like to support a Kiwi company, when I bought in my Koni's from Demon Tweaks it was nearly 40% cheaper including GST and freight than the price I was quoted by Stocks. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

As much as I would like to support a Kiwi company, when I bought in my Koni's from Demon Tweaks it was nearly 40% cheaper including GST and freight than the price I was quoted by Stocks. 

+1 - what he said

5 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

My lost AP suspension shocks and springs cost $800 via Demon Tweeks landed (well, lost!) whereas Speedfactor was $880.

Pretty sharp pricing as a lot of importers here like to mark up 100%.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 5:35 PM, Sammo said:

My lost AP suspension shocks and springs cost $800 via Demon Tweeks landed (well, lost!) whereas Speedfactor was $880.

Pretty sharp pricing as a lot of importers here like to mark up 100%.

Thats pretty good pricing for 10% extra I would shop Kiwi.

• Like 2

I just had some mail from the UK turn up yesterday that was sent at the start of April. Must be finally getting through the backlog. 

• Like 2

I had shocks from the UK arrive in under 2 weeks (July 19th to 29th) - out for delivery today, though might really be tomorrow, Via Fedex.

Leatherhead to Standstead, to Feltham, to Standstead, to Memphis, to Honolulu to Auckland and onto Whangarei today ?

Also 2 items from China... one posted April 4th (!), once posted July 16th. Both arrived in the Country June 26th, the April one delivered today, the July one being processed in Auckland.

Now, if only the Russian one from April would arrive! It's important distillation parts!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 7:54 PM, KwS said:

I just had some mail from the UK turn up yesterday that was sent at the start of April. Must be finally getting through the backlog. 

Similar experience for me, I had some gearbox mounts (originally sent 18 March from Michigan via USPS) that didn’t move from Chicago airport for more than three months! And I gave up and ordered alternatives. Originals arrived today!

Edited by Forrest

Things are moving again. NZpost/Youshop just emailed today to say there are more flights so shipping times and costs are dropping, but its not back to normal.

Fedex from Rockauto in the states is pounding through items though. I just had four boxes (they didnt consolidate the order, just shipped one part in each box, lol) show up a week after ordering, and only 1 day late.

• Like 1