Sign in to follow this  
SHRNTA

BMW E46 M3 yaw sensor

Hi all, 

A question with the yaw sensor. I have a 12/2001 model e46 m3 and the yaw sensor is playing up (ie DSC light and wheel pressure light comes one - slight play in brake pedal when these lights kick in).

I've read that the yaw sensor was superseded late 2002. What is the difference between the two? Are they interchangeable ie can I use a 2004 version in my car?

Btw - i have an SMG gear box. COG light does not come on.

Thanks

Has this been diagnosed correctly on a proper scan Tool ?

16 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Has this been diagnosed correctly on a proper scan Tool ?

Hi, thanks for the response. Not sure what a proper scan tool is, but got these code errors.

20200529_161510.jpg

I would suggest you get professional help to get this diagnosed properly and see what is necessary to have it repaired. Where in Auckland are you located ?

6 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

I would suggest you get professional help to get this diagnosed properly and see what is necessary to have it repaired. Where in Auckland are you located ?

^^ what Glenn said. Not to lead you astray but I've had similar errors in my '04 and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor. It could be a few things, best get it diagnosed

6 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

2 minutes ago, CSET said:

^^ what Glenn said. Not to lead you astray but I've had similar errors in my '04 and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor. It could be a few things, best get it diagnosed

Thanks, I live in Green Bay. Car drives fine. The error doesnt show up after cooling down and restarting, but does come back. I will get in touch with BM Workshop to get them to look at it. Or even get Ray HellBM to have a look.

• Like 1