Sign in to follow this  
rkl

Connecteddrive on import (f11)

Have read a little about connected drive. 

Have got a imported f11 that has this service that obviously is not working in New Zealand.

Does anyone know if we can get any of its features enabled here? Namely the app to send navigation to the car, and to remote lock. 

I'm assuming I'll have to do this via the dealership? Or can it be coded?

My understanding is that they use e-SIM so I can't just but a local sim card in. But not sure about this 

Yes this is possible. There is a form to complete and email to BMW NZ (attached below). The functionality on pre-idrive 5 (~2017) vehicles is pretty disappointing so don't go in with high expectations, the integration with phone app is much better on newer cars

change-owner-form.pdf

great ill try that, When i spoke to Auckland City BMW they gave me a firm no it cannot be done. 
Ended up just setting up a profile on the overseas connected drive site, and it works fine.

BMW AG stopped all Connected Drive conversions for a while, unsure if they have started doing it again

Have you tried downloading the new version (released end March 21) of the My BMW app? When you add a vehicle to your account you can change the country settings I believe. 

• Like 1

I am importing a X7 and currently have registered via bmw uk site and downloaded the mybmw app and added the vin and can connect to the car (in uk right now). I am assuming I need to update the nav maps and then the mybmw app should work. The car comes with a three subscription of connected drive professional package. I have not seen the change country option in mybmw app.

Also keen to find out whether I can do a map update myself by getting a fsc code + map file ?

Yes should be possible to get map and FSC code - sourcing NZ maps for latest BMW operating system may be a bit of a challenge so if you're looking to keep the car for a while, getting BMW to do the initial swap / change the VO should mean you can download them online in future.