Sign in to follow this  
SHRNTA

E53 X5 4.6is

Hi All,

I'm in the market for an E53 4.6is, prefer that over the 4.8is due to it's Alpina history etc.

I came across this listing on trademe : https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2648474851.htm?rsqid=deebbc596ff746b9b80d10f59773320b-001

ex. Singapore model, but came with all the options (rear blinds, electric back seats, body kit etc) but I'm not sure about it being an ex.Singapore. Took it for a drive, and drives good, few bits and pieces to attend too (not a concern for me), however I'm not sure of the big ticket items (timing Chains etc) have been done.

Mileage on it is 197k kms. Found some service receipts and looks like the "shocks and control arms", "valve cover gasket set" "spark plugs" were replaced this year.

Worth the $9,000 price? I'm thinking less.

The Singapore piece probably worries me less if it was imported earlier in its life - looks to have got here 2011 and has had 100k of NZ mileage added so it’s really up to how the NZ owners have cared for it.  
Generally cars of that caliber in Singapore are looked after.

Owned a standard X5 4.4i pre-facelift. Transmission and suspension parts seem to be the biggest issues, then normal bmw coolant and oil leaks coming in a close second. I had no idea if the chains had been done on mine, but it made no noises and ran well.

I still prefer the pre-facelift over the newer V8 despite the timing chain problems. 9k seems okay for the IS model. 

Interiors seem to be getting a little tatty now on these but that one looks tidy - just needs a good groom.

• Like 1

i have a nz new one approx 130-140ks , black on black ,

i may sell . 1st owner was a famous nz model too 

call me on 021433600

• Like 1

7 hours ago, str8_6 said:

The Singapore piece probably worries me less if it was imported earlier in its life - looks to have got here 2011 and has had 100k of NZ mileage added so it’s really up to how the NZ owners have cared for it.  
Generally cars of that caliber in Singapore are looked after.

Owned a standard X5 4.4i pre-facelift. Transmission and suspension parts seem to be the biggest issues, then normal bmw coolant and oil leaks coming in a close second. I had no idea if the chains had been done on mine, but it made no noises and ran well.

I still prefer the pre-facelift over the newer V8 despite the timing chain problems. 9k seems okay for the IS model. 

Interiors seem to be getting a little tatty now on these but that one looks tidy - just needs a good groom.

Not sure if the timing chains have been done. there's a silver 4.6is (NZ new) on TE too (timing chains done), however it doesn't have the aluminium running boards and is less spec'd (doesn't have the door blinds etc) like the Singapore version.

I prefer the 4.6is too. just the history of what it was meant to be is likely to be a future classic. but time will tell. 

8 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

i have a nz new one approx 130-140ks , black on black ,

i may sell . 1st owner was a famous nz model too 

call me on 021433600

I’d be interested if the price is right :)

• Like 1

How much would a black with red leather done 70kms be worth to you? 2 owners. 1st for 6 months 2nd for the rest. Possibly could be on the market in the coming week. 

I have a complete e53 x5 4.6is rolling body. Everything is there and in excellent condition except the motor. Could be good for someone i they want to drop a motor into it