Sign in to follow this  
Secniv

2006 Alpina B5

Cool car. Do you have a gauge as to how the servicing stacks up compared with the E60 M5?

From what I heard from Gerry who owned one and sold it off shore, don’t expect it to be any cheaper then an E60 M5 but likely the problems are different and Alpina specific so pretty hard to get someone who knows what they are doing to work on it if they do come up.

High performance cars all have issues, dam beautiful and we considered one. Would love it in my garage 

Edited by Breaker

13 hours ago, Breaker said:

From what I heard from Gerry who owned one and sold it off shore, don’t expect it to be any cheaper then an E60 M5 but likely the problems are different and Alpina specific so pretty hard to get someone who knows what they are doing to work on it if they do come up.

High performance cars all have issues, dam beautiful and we considered one. Would love it in my garage 

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing and drove 6 or more E60 M5s before going with the B5. I struggled with smg box.. great when flooring it but not so great when not imho.

The servicing and issues with the V10 are well documented. Any issues with H1 are those that are related to those normally associated with N62, Valve Stem Seals, Alternator Bracket/Gasket Oil Leak (Replaced), Coolant Transfer Pipe Leak (replaced), Valve Cover & Valve Cover Gasket Oil Leaks (replaced). Alpina specific issues are cracked coolant expansion tank (replaced) and the bearing/seal wear or failure in the supercharger. When dismantling I checked the oil collection and appeared to be in spec at approx 5-10ml.

Its true I’ve had to help school local BMW dealer and double check part numbers before they order but that’s probably me ?. Still help saves delays or expense.

Would love it to go to someone who’ll enjoy and take care of it and happy to negotiate. Only selling as I cringe every time I have to put our recently acquired dog in the back seat. A touring version of these would be ideal.

• Like 2

With some sadness it’s gone ? to make way for a new chapter in my car passion/obsessed life.

• Like 1