Sign in to follow this  
IainR

130i

Afternoon everyone!

I'm finally happy enough with my 130i that I want to start showing it off. I had a bit of a saga with the exhaust system that was covered here: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/63437-130i-exhaust-mods-by-previous-owner/

The jist of that topic was that the previous owner had removed the centre muffler which caused a drone that I absolutely hated. I found an OEM muffler in a wreckers yard and had it welded in this week. Bliss! No more drone or anti-social cruising noise ?

Anyway, this is my first BMW and biggest displacement engine I've owned so I'm loving the responsiveness of the engine and the compact size. My previous loves have been turbo japanese wagons so this is a total change!

It wasn't until I joined the forum that I realised how lucky I am to have grabbed a car with the BMWP Intake & Muffler. It makes a brilliant noise but I've never sat in a standard 130i so no idea how different it is.

I'm determined to never post this car in the 'Project' forum as I'm really happy with it. I have no need for an LSD which seems to be the most common 'serious' upgrade. Once the suspension starts giving up then I imagine I'll be eyeing up the Birds setup but until then I'm delighted with the standard car.

IMG_20200701_132221.jpg

IMG_20200701_132231.jpg

IMG_20200701_132240.jpg

IMG_20200701_133828.jpg

IMG_20299999.jpg

• Like 10

Looks like a really well specced example and very unique these days a rear wheel drive, manual NA 6cyl hatch.

Plenty of 130i pros in here as well for if (when?) the modification bug gets you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Like the 135i wheels on it, they really are a good looking car. What's happened to your towing eye cover?

I hadn't realised they were 135i wheels ? 

The tow cover - it was missing when I bought the car. I'd pretty much forgotten about it until you mentioned it..... Might need to get back on to the wreckers! 

And BMWP pedal covers, nice. And any time you want to flick on that intake...  ?

Yes, tow hook hole cover is mandatory.  

20 minutes ago, M3AN said:

And BMWP pedal covers, nice. And any time you want to flick on that intake...  ?

??? Intake will be staying! 

• Haha 1

sure looks sharp to me.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, M3AN said:

Are they BMWP covers? Mines got those, interesting...

11 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Another satisfied 130i owner! 

Where'd you get the gear knob/boot from? 

Very happy! 

I got the gear knob from schmiedmann.com after reading through this (https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492392) thread. It replaced a BMW Performance knob which looked great but I didn't like the feel. My new one is described as the 'weighted broomstick'. It's actually a little lighter than the performance one but the added height makes the feel far nicer. 

The car came with the alcantara boot which looks pretty sleek! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, M3AN said:

Just heard back from the wreckers regarding the cover. They want $50! I'll put up with the hole until I find a more reasonablely priced one

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IainR said:

Very happy! 

I got the gear knob from schmiedmann.com after reading through this (https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492392) thread. It replaced a BMW Performance knob which looked great but I didn't like the feel. My new one is described as the 'weighted broomstick'. It's actually a little lighter than the performance one but the added height makes the feel far nicer. 

The car came with the alcantara boot which looks pretty sleek! 

Thanks for the link! My gear knob is stock but a bit worn, same as the boot. I want to replace them both when I do the bushing on the gearshift, which I've had sitting here for months lmao. The alcantara looks good.