Sign in to follow this  
mzhu031

E36 M3 evo

1 hour ago, treone said:

^^ Same!

TBH I’ve been toying around with idea of selling mine for a while. Now I might just hang on to it, I don’t know. The thought of owning a car that is appreciating is pretty cool haha

i agree man , you have vested interests in some sweet cars bro. Don't sell, don't sell ! :) 

• Like 1

@M3AN as fellow Esteroil Blue m3 owner maybe you should reach out and find out how close it was sold for

38 minutes ago, Gaz said:

@M3AN as fellow Esteroil Blue m3 owner maybe you should reach out and find out how close it was sold for

Good idea, done.

Will advise.

• Like 1

NZVV do this, New Zealand Vehicle Valuations.They are in Christchurch but I sent photos and a description and they come back with a valuation. I did this for insurance with Star, They are approved valuers by Star. I was really happy with their service.google them.

1 hour ago, Haggisman said:

NZVV do this, New Zealand Vehicle Valuations.They are in Christchurch but I sent photos and a description and they come back with a valuation. I did this for insurance with Star, They are approved valuers by Star. I was really happy with their service.google them.

Good to know. Is a local guy here in Dunedin that can hopefully sort me out 

If so, perhaps we could start a valuations thread? If the values were high enough! ? 

I could start an auction with a $1m buy now and "low ball offers accepted, post number in comments", see what came in. Bit of a Dutch auction.

Edited by M3AN
Double post
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gaz said:

He's a nice guy actually. $37k - call your insurers folks!

Holy crap.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They do come up for sale less than E30 M3s. 

I can see why someone would jump at something listed (I did the same thing). For a lot lot less I might add though..

(Not trying to say they'll be worth E30 money, but this has been the only other listed since I purchased mine mid 2019)

17 hours ago, Haggisman said:

I got in contact and they called me. Sounds like more a fanboy for e36's than e46's. 

Tough for him as he was not aware of recent e46 sales like the recent $42k and ~$36k ones. 

So do you keep them as garage queens hoping it will keep going up in value? Or do you keep doing what you guys purchased them for and drive and enjoy them? Prob go up either way tbh. 

Edited by Driftit

10 minutes ago, m325i said:

I got in contact and they called me. Sounds like more a fanboy for e36's than e46's. 

Tough for him as he was not aware of recent e46 sales like the recent $42k and ~$36k ones. 

I inquired with my insurer (Classic Cover) about increasing my sum insured for my E46 recently on the back of those sales you mentioned. The advisor checked their database to see what other E46 M3's were insured for; turned out there were a few race cars but no road cars. So she updated my policy with my nominated sum insured and said if the underwriter had any issues with the updated value they would be in touch.

Looks like it wasn't cleaned enough during its life 

6 hours ago, leichtbau said:

That driver's seat has had an absolute thrashing

Actually, having seen and driven this car it presents very well as an original vehicle with an excellent provenance, and service history. The seller is a bona fide car nut, and a very genuine guy to boot. If the car is of interest to anybody, grab it quick, before he changes his mind (again) and withdraws it. Personally we prefer the 3 litre / 5 speed over the 3.2/ 6speed, the 3.0 just seems to "get on it" a bit more.

The seats will respond well to a clean and recolour where needed, for not a lot of money. The bolster are is in good shape, the dove grey just will not take the wear that regular use gives it. It is a 25 year old car after all.

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tell the owner his exhaust hangers need replacing (muffler hanging way too low) ?

All you armchair eggsperts are on line tonight?

• Haha 1

Looks tidy, seat bolsters would clean up easy as.

These recent listings are making @bradgalbraith car look like a steal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandit said:

All you armchair eggsperts are on line tonight?

Common issue on the e36 m3s (because the muffler weighs a bloody ton) and look weird compared to when it's hanging correctly. 

Mark Joblin of classic car consultants does good valuations that are respected by the insurance companies.  Have used him twice and happy.

At these prices I would be buying a B5 Audi RS4.  Possibly not as desirable but equally rare and special.

• Like 2

RS4's are epic, and if anyone wants a B5 I know one for off-market sale. They're quick and fast but you can't compare them to an e36 M3, they're a full 200 kg's heavier and nowhere near (like different side of the planet) as nimble. 

In some circumstances you're right. Don't get me wrong, the RS4 is my favourite of all time wagon, it's just not a great alternative to an e36 M3, if that's the experience you're looking for.

You own or buy an old M3 these days for it's character, handling, weight and feedback, not for its speed.

Edited by M3AN
  • Thanks 1