Sign in to follow this  
al lowe

Z3 - Failed WOF lights

Where is the best place in Auckland to take a Z3 for headlight adjustment that failed WOF ?

3 hours ago, al lowe said:

Where is the best place in Auckland to take a Z3 for headlight adjustment that failed WOF ?

Depends on the adjustment, I'm surprised the WoF shop didn't fix it there and then. Any mechanic can adjust a headlight, it's also possible to do it yourself without any special tools.

What adjustment is required?

37 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Depends on the adjustment, I'm surprised the WoF shop didn't fix it there and then. Any mechanic can adjust a headlight, it's also possible to do it yourself without any special tools.

What adjustment is required?

There were three points listed on the WOF sheet for left side headlight,  one was beam height, other was related to beam spectrum and can’t recall third.

Im not familiar with Z3s but do they suffer from failing adjusters like the E39 did, and do they suffer from cloudy lenses?

Does it have aftermarket or custom headlights or bulbs of any kind? Did the inspector give you any additional information?

That's a very, very weird fail if the car has passed previously. 

Z3's have a manual height adjuster dial (for loaded car) on the head lights.  Situated on the left side of the steering column, below the dash.  Calibrated 0-2.  I always have it on 0 and pass WOF's easily.  Has someone had a play with the dial and left it on 2?

11 hours ago, NZ00Z3 said:

Z3's have a manual height adjuster dial (for loaded car) on the head lights.  Situated on the left side of the steering column, below the dash.  Calibrated 0-2.  I always have it on 0 and pass WOF's easily.  Has someone had a play with the dial and left it on 2?

Good point possibly, my step daughters Car so will check. Thanks