Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

E30 chassis restoration in Auckland recommendations

As the title states, I'm looking for a panel beater familiar with the idiosyncrasies of the E30 shell to do some restoration work.

I'm after rust removal with butt welding and invisible blending rather than simple lap weld repair. The car in all likelihood won't ever be for sale, but there's enough rarity involved that any repairs would need to be of a standard commensurate with the vehicle's worth. Experience with sectioned panels is preferred, as BMW don't supply some areas that will need to be attended to.

In a perfect world I'd stroke a cheque and send the shell off to get the same treatment Conrad's M3s' got, but I would prefer to be able to eat more than just rice and beans for a year. Happy to travel from Pukekohe to Orewa, but the closer to the bridge the better.

Edited by leichtbau

@BMTHUG may be able to help or advise. 

EuroTech at Mount Wellington, top quality work. Towards the top end of the price range, but you get what you pay for in this area.

Would you rate them above German Kollision Jon? Purely from a personal perspective.

Hey @leichtbau did you ever end up getting some work done? I too am needing some panel beating done for my E30 so if you recommend any places please let me know. Thanks 

On 12/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tech2P said:

Hey @leichtbau did you ever end up getting some work done? I too am needing some panel beating done for my E30 so if you recommend any places please let me know. Thanks 

Been busy with the mechanical side of things so haven't pulled the trigger, but I've inspected some of the work Coast Panel & Paint have done on E30's and E24's and been mighty impressed. Might send something else there in January and see how it turns out.