Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

FS: Turnkey M30 TURBO E30 transplant

No turkeys here...

The details are on my trademe listing:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2717902145

As always Bimmersport gets preferential rates if you hit me up here and win the auction I'll give you 10% off.

I'll be adding photos and video tomorrow.

Edited by Andre3000
  • Like 1

What turbo is it exactly? Any HP estimate? Any reason this wouldn't fit an E28 around the exhaust manifold area?

13 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

What turbo is it exactly? Any HP estimate? Any reason this wouldn't fit an E28 around the exhaust manifold area?

It's a Turbonetics TO4B i'll check stamps tomorrow. Supposed to be able to bounce past 400 rear wheel ponies easily and much more with little modification. It's the torque that's the stupid part.. You will need help developing the right rubber and diff to get the power down. In terms of fitment I don't see why an e28 would be slimmer than an e30?

On 7/28/2020 at 11:38 PM, Andre3000 said:

It's a Turbonetics TO4B i'll check stamps tomorrow. Supposed to be able to bounce past 400 rear wheel ponies easily and much more with little modification. It's the torque that's the stupid part.. You will need help developing the right rubber and diff to get the power down. In terms of fitment I don't see why an e28 would be slimmer than an e30?

Thanks.  How is the boost controlled? Presume mechanical boost controller, does the MS monitor AFR and adjust accordingly should boost be turned up/down?

All Anchillaries included.. so power steering pump? Alternator? AC? 

What model did the M30B35 come out of? There is a difference in the mounting points apparently (early vs late e34 vs e28).

Edited by Kodachrome

On 7/30/2020 at 12:28 AM, Kodachrome said:

Thanks.  How is the boost controlled? Presume mechanical boost controller, does the MS monitor AFR and adjust accordingly should boost be turned up/down?

All Anchillaries included.. so power steering pump? Alternator? AC? 

What model did the M30B35 come out of? There is a difference in the mounting points apparently (early vs late e34 vs e28).

Boost is fully controlled electrically via MSPNP2 ecu. Check the main photo bottom left shows vacuum line from manifold to solenoid (on firewall) and wastegate.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirtpnp-g2-b8793-for-the-87-92-bmw-e30-325i/

All ancillaries this package is bolt in and run. Steering pump included, hoses not. This engine is a non-A/C late e34.

• Thanks 1

Hi again. Im interested, after reviewing with my mechanic he asked:

- what bellhousing on Toyota box.. how is it mated to M30?

- what's history of engine itself, what work done ?

- what boost level? Dyno?

- Head gasket and head bolts upgraded?

- how is clutch activated, hydraulic? BMW or Toyota setup?

- M30 bellhousing, adapted to w58

- Tilton hydraulic release

- Engine is a good donor, no work done, the lowish comp 9.5:1 M30B35 lend themselves to be turbo ready. I was going to build with arp studs and MLS, but that's your call on how much power you want.

- Boost is running at gate pressure atm 13psi.

No dyno just a tune from diy database, for a very similar setup m30.

So sadly my E28 decided I hadnt spent enough money on the non-go faster bits and the steering shake I brought it to the mechanic for turned out to be destroyed 1-year old Bilstein P6's, shock top/steering mounts, centre drag lings, all 4 wheels and steering column. 

Literally half the front end needs to be replaced, possibly due to badly repaired wheels (Beau Repairs did it last and the Tire Clinic tried balance it last month, who knows whats gone in that whole area) and maybe something wrong with the shocks or top mounts. 

So I need to bail on this for now. If you decide to break the parts, I would be interested in the M30 engine itself. 

Bump