Sign in to follow this  
MarcSE36

M54B22 engine urgently needed

Hi Everyone

I'm urgently after a BMW 320i e46 2.2l 2001 M54B22 engine, complete with block,sump,head, etc.  

I bought my e46 in pristine condition, had it for 8 months now, and suddenly lost power, using water, etc.  took it to my mechanic who discovered that the previous owner had removed the head, replaced the head gasket, over tightened the head, didn't use a torque wrench probably, and subsequently 3 of the studs ripped came loose, ripped the thread, blowing the new head gasket, sending oil in the water and vice versa, and completely screwing the motor up

Thought this to be unreal as the car had only done 128,000km when I bought it, and only done 6,200km since... Breaks my heart having spent so much money on a nice looking car that looks mint but the previous owner didnt tell me what he did to it.

So if anyone has a motor lying about,  I'm desperate guys... got the $ to pay for it,  just need the Beemer back on the road...

cheers and thanks muchly

Marc

you could fit a 2L 2.5L 2.8L or 3L in its place 

And what about the computer etc.. I'm not a mechanic so not sure what else needs to be done..

Do you know where i could get anything else then, 2.0, 2.5, 2.8 or 3lit

Edited by MarcSE36

M54B22`s available @HELLBM

Thank you Ray.. called your number and left you a message.. if you could give me a bell back, would be highly appreciated

many thanks

Marc

4 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

you could fit a 2L 2.5L 2.8L or 3L in its place 

Physically yes, but let's not confuse the matter with electrics, certs etc.

M54's need to have time-serts fitted when the head comes off for the gasket - Torqueing up head bolts straight into the head regularly fail - They don't need to be overtorqued at all.

You may still be able to fit time-serts now, assuming the holes haven't been screwed too much. They drill out the holes, and thread the time sert into the head, then the head bolts screw into the timesert.