Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

E53 X5 suspension overhaul

It's probably due a bit of a birthday. 

Was considering getting the full kit like this one 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2724474566

And the matching rear kit from the same seller. 

A bit worried that this unbranded kit is so cheap. 

Has anyone else taken the gamble with this company? 

I don't know anything about E53's but I would be looking at Scmeidman / FCP Euro / ECS Tuning and OEM parts before Trade Me.

A lot of those TM listings look like sellers importing unknown ebay type parts and marking them up to OEM prices.

FCP Euro in particular has very fast, well priced shipping and good pricing on OEM components.

• Like 1

The usual- 'too good to be true' 

6 hours ago, 3pedals said:

I checked these out about a year ago , they were low quality chinese made sh*t at the time, not chinese made quality like Lemforder or similar. 

The bush shell didn't fit into the arm correctly, wasn't actually round and nor was the hole it was shoved into. 

Thanks, just the info I needed

6 hours ago, Sammo said:

I don't know anything about E53's but I would be looking at Scmeidman / FCP Euro / ECS Tuning and OEM parts before Trade Me.

A lot of those TM listings look like sellers importing unknown ebay type parts and marking them up to OEM prices.

FCP Euro in particular has very fast, well priced shipping and good pricing on OEM components.

I had originally looked at those sites. The trademe option was far cheaper. Was hoping for a bargain 

You can get full Meyle front and rear kit for $1500 landed, even cheaper if you customize it. Doesn't appear much cheaper to me given the quality.