Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

NZ New????

One of the things I check on a car is if it's NZ New or an import.........it's quite surprising how many NZ New vehicles are actually imports

Like this one

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/530i/listing/2690151713?bof=rb7bvqr4

Edited by Kiwi_BMW

Never expect too much from these typical dealer listings to give you accurate information. 

Dyor!

They are really banking on the low mileage to add on the thousands there. I sold a well running 530i LCI with maybe 260k on the clock for like, $9k nearly 4 years ago. $15k for a 2008 E60 thats not an M5 is taking the piss. IMO.

• Like 1

I wonder if that one in the OP is to do with it being re-registered and the data they harvest for the listing from motorweb or the likes? Its very unlikely any of that information on the listing was entered by the dealer themselves.

Also why was it re-registered after such a short time?

Sold our LCI 530 Motorsport with 110000km for 8k.......think that one may sit for a while!

13 hours ago, NUSTAD said:

Sold our LCI 530 Motorsport with 110000km for 8k.......think that one may sit for a while!

whats your opinion on the e60 530i vs say an e39 or f10

Usually pretty easy to spot NZ New isn't it.
Old man color combos like Green with Cream comfort seats and a towbar. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, qube said:

Definitely feel the generational change.  Love my E39 as a modern classic but it feels old.  E60 very good but it didn’t get under the skin.  Chassis a big step forward and more nimble than the F10.   Love the F10 looks and more modern tech but it a bloody big lounge being built on the 7 chassis.    If I had to have one it would be a mint e39......

5 hours ago, Driftit said:

Usually pretty easy to spot NZ New isn't it.
Old man color combos like Green with Cream comfort seats and a towbar. ?

“Garry from Tauranga” spec. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, qube said:

I had a saloon E60 530i and a wagon E39 530i. The e60 has the N52 engine and the e39 has the M54 engine. Ive heard in other chassis that M54 is well liked, but man it was slow (*sedate, objectively it wasnt slow like say, my E28 is :) ) in that E39. The E60 530i was no rocket, but it was a much, much more interesting drive in both pace and sound. Both were slushboxes and again the newer 6speed (vs 5speed in E39) in the E60 was miles better.

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 1

I've been watching E60's for a while and NZ New isn't easy to find, I did find a higher km E60 with M54 in Olivin metallic with comfort seats etc

I drove it back to Dn from Auckland and have to admit the accelerator was sluggish compared to the NZ new E39 530i Msport I sold. I have to say the E39 with M/sport package and lower diff ratio was very lively for a biggish car, especially compared to the E60 with M54.

Looking at the specs the E60 is about the same weight as a E39 only with slightly better front- rear balance.

After reading about all the problems with the V8's in the E60 I thought a 6cyl would be less troublesome for a daily driver.

Now I've got the E60 I keep an eye out for a good spec NZ new 530i LCI but they are sure hard to find.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW

My NZ New 530d was great. Motorsport. Well optioned. I found it superior to the petrols I test drove. It was primarily our daily, secondly our tow car. It was an amazing tow car, I would not have towed with any of the petrols. If you haven't driven the diesel I highly recommend it.