Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Official: The First M3 Touring

Best. News. Ever.

Terrible news!

I assume this means no M5 wagon in the future. ?

I can't see them ever offering both at the same time. Having said that, the new M3 is probably no smaller than my E61 so I could possibly live with it, not that I am in the market for a brand new BMW anyway.....

On 8/13/2020 at 10:31 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

BMW are very slow out of the blocks. Didn't Volvo do this a few years back?

Mark my words, in the pipe-line is an M3 'the hottest hatch ever' too. Pitures to come...

Pretty sure that Volvo have never made an M3 Touring... :Hehehe-min:But I get what you mean, yes Volvo did a "hot" wagon many moons ago, and the Audi RS4 and RS6 are certainly more prevalent in the Avant version (not even sure you can get the RS's in a sedan any more...)

The point of the post is that BMW have never offered a version of the M3 in a Touring before, and many people who are BMW fans have been hanging out for one.

It's unlikely that an M3 would appear in a hatch versions (never say never) as the version of the 3 Series that is a liftback (some might call it a hatch) has not been touted as M Car material.

They should just launch the E46 M3 Touring as a 2020 model, NA high revving six manual.

The good old days. 

On 9/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Michael. said:

They should just launch the E46 M3 Touring as a 2020 model, NA high revving six manual.

The good old days. 

oh, you mean this one then????

(all kudos to Ray and his team at HellBM......but I am super happy to be the lucky current custodian.)

M3T-cliov6.jpg

• Like 3