Sign in to follow this  
lbo99

E46 M3 Limp Mode

A lot of dealerships these days are just parts fitters, not mechanics. Its almost becoming a lost art to diagnose and fix issues that arent by the book or having the answer given to you by a computer.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, F10er said:

Wow!!! Good that it's fixed now but I'd be going back into BMW and demanding some of my money back. That is completely f#$%@d that they missed that!! 

6 hours ago, M3AN said:

But a fuse? That's pretty shocking. ?

"There's no cars that we cannot fix here" and "our technicians here are very experienced and has done cars like yours since they were brand new' - Chch BMW service manager 
"Let's try replacing this and see if it will fix the issue but we're not sure" Chch BMW service department foreman 

In the end it was just a fuse ??‍♂️??‍♂️
I'm going in tomorrow and gonna have a 'coffee' with them ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lbo99 said:

"There's no cars that we cannot fix here" and "our technicians here are very experienced and has done cars like yours since they were brand new' - Chch BMW service manager 
"Let's try replacing this and see if it will fix the issue but we're not sure" Chch BMW service department foreman 

In the end it was just a fuse ??‍♂️??‍♂️
I'm going in tomorrow and gonna have a 'coffee' with them ?

Still can't quite believe this. A fuse!!! I'd probably throw that coffee at them if it were me. Probably wouldn't achieve much though. But the satisfaction.........

• Haha 1

I hope they give you a free fuse! ?

Do let us know how the coffee goes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

The fuse I'd be blowing would be a non-stock item and on back order in Germany.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, F10er said:

Still can't quite believe this. A fuse!!! I'd probably throw that coffee at them if it were me. Probably wouldn't achieve much though. But the satisfaction.........

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

Do let us know how the coffee goes.

17 hours ago, leichtbau said:

The fuse I'd be blowing would be a non-stock item and on back order in Germany.

Went in today to explain the whole thing and had a good 'talk' with the service manager, he then told me he would need to check the log book with the mechanic on whether they have checked the fuse when they replaced the O2 sensors which I believed they didn't if not the car wouldn't be acting like that all the time lol. Got the I'll give you a call back quote from him again (as usual). If the discussion goes well, they will only refund me the labour (680 ish) for the O2 sensors but not the others even though I told him the thermostat, fuel pump, fuel filter and others might not be necessary to be replaced at the time of the issue. Oh well, guess I'll just treat those as preventative maintenance. He also offered me manager discount for parts I buy from them in the future which I doubt will be cheaper then FCP Euro but we will see. Let's hope everything goes well so I can get a refund to compensate all the time, money and effort I've wasted on them arghhh.

On the bright side, my car is now fixed and thanks a lot guys. 

Just a pic of my car taken at Mount Cook few weeks ago on limp mode ?

BMW_M3-1_copy.jpg

• Like 4

Nice one. Make sure you don't get back just labour but any fees for reading the codes. They charge an extortionate amount for a 5 minute job and failed you miserably by not doing it properly (or at all). 

• Like 1