Sign in to follow this  
treone

Oil filter housing cotton reels - E39/E38/E31

After checking with the local dealership today and then picking myself off the floor, I thought I would try here.

Does anybody have any? Ideally two, but at least one.

Cheers.

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

Are you referring to oil filters? Those chassis have a too many engines between them to guess what it is you want.  Ive got a few Mann branded 11427512300.

Sorry, should’ve been a bit clearer. Its the two rubber like nuts that mounts the oil filter housing to the body. I’ve been told that cotton reels is the technical term for them ?. Its for m60 engine but they might be universal?  Local dealer wants an obscene amount each and they are ex-Germany. They cant provide delivery time either, other than they will turn up eventually ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked up realoem but Im trying to avoid purchasing overseas if possible. 

It is common for these rubber mountings to break When changing the filter. i was surprised local dealer didnt have any in stock. 

i would be happy with good used ones if anyone has them. 

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

Both my m62 cars had broken ones they were $1.0USD each from US suppliers at the time,

10 seconds on ecstuning gave me this, $1.17 each you may need different ones for m60?

Ask someone placing an order to chuck 2 of these in.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-parts/oil-filter-housing-rubber-mount/11421436982~uro/

Thanks @andrewm  

A few bucks is better than the $58 + gst ea the dealer wants!

Will probably go this route if i can’t find anything. Anyone ordering from ecstuning? ?