Sign in to follow this  
HalfJobHarry

The Graphite Ghost 135i

1 hour ago, m325i said:

It's a goddam nightmare this 'drought'! 

I've been using 'ONR" rinse-less wash. It's actually really good. But the wash experience  is lame. (I bought a new Kartcher like a week before the restrictions!)

I do think the ONR process has given me more swirls, but I need to do a polish anyway... Even though it feels 'wrong' I would recommend it. 

Yeah it's terrible for us car loving types :D

Fortunately (or not) I don't do enough driving in the 135 for it to really be a big pain, more of an inconvenience. 

Dams are back to 73% now...but much lower rainfall predicted over the coming weeks...so no end in sight really. I don't seem them lifting the ban over summer as that's a shedload of pools to be filled. I think it will only be resolved once they bring all the additional supplies online. :(

• Like 1

Had a walnut blast done about two weeks back .Intakes were terrible. Might be psychological but the induction sounds better to my ear....

There is definitely better pickup of the power before the turbos spool though....

33 minutes ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Yeah it's terrible for us car loving types :D

Fortunately (or not) I don't do enough driving in the 135 for it to really be a big pain, more of an inconvenience. 

Dams are back to 73% now...but much lower rainfall predicted over the coming weeks...so no end in sight really. I don't seem them lifting the ban over summer as that's a shedload of pools to be filled. I think it will only be resolved once they bring all the additional supplies online. :(

I’m a full convert to the rinseless now, works great and a bit quicker too.

Can’t be as good as two bucket for swirls but I’ve been getting a bit lazy with my technique  and still not really seeing noticeable swirls yet after 6 months of almost weekly washes.

Certainly nothing a twice a year light buff and sealant wouldn’t fix anyway.

Using CarPro Ech20 and then a little CarPro Elixer if I can be bothered.

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

I’m a full convert to the rinseless now, works great and a bit quicker too.

Can’t be as good as two bucket for swirls but I’ve been getting a bit lazy with my technique  and still not really seeing noticeable swirls yet after 6 months of almost weekly washes.

Certainly nothing a twice a year light buff and sealant wouldn’t fix anyway.

Using CarPro Ech20 and then a little CarPro Elixer if I can be bothered.

Straight fine scratches from contaminated washes / sloppy technique (which we are all guilty of sometimes) ....but full on swirls from hand washing? How does that happen? I've only really suffered from swirling when the dailys go to the machine car wash...

I will give the rinseless a try though for a quick wash. 

Edited by HalfJobHarry
spelling
  • Like 1

I’m saying ‘swirls’ meaning very light fine scratches. Which I find build up using any technique over time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m325i said:

I’m saying ‘swirls’ meaning very light fine scratches. Which I find build up using any technique over time 

Ahhhhh....that is more understandable. Not the actual swirl, swirls that machine car washes rapidly put in... 

Yeah, those fine scratches are unavoidable. 

• Like 1

About a month ago I changed the plugs and coils. Paid less for a set of six sparks and Delphi coils from FCP euro including shipping that I would have paid here for one plug and one coil. Also lifetime warranty, it will be worth paying the shipping for free replacement parts! 

Massive difference to the idle. N54s are 'known' for a slightly rough idle at times but new plugs and coils have made nearly as much improvement as the walnut blast did (that improved low revs). 

Next thing on the hitlist for later in the year will be a new set of injectors. I'll stump for a set of Index 12s from FCP Euro and be done with it with their lifetime warranty.

• Like 2