Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

E30 318 RS with m44, homologated roll cage, big brakes, turn key race car.

Eh. I don't have the BookFace app. Someone post the pics and details. I think I know which one it will be though. 

Im pretty sure thats an RS badge from a Honda too, which doesnt mean Rally Sport, it means Road Sailing ?

Yeah it's the one I was thinking about. 

I've seen better E30 series cars go for far less than that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, KwS said:

Im sure thats been on here before

I think it's a current or ex members car

1 hour ago, eliongater said:

I think it's a current or ex members car

Sounds like I am bashing it a little.

It's probably better than a Series car.  But it isn't usable in the series.  The ITB's could sound great.

Edited by Driftit

Just putting pics up of the 'before' with EFI and the 'after' current setup of ITB's fitted & controlled by a Link management system. Initial testing has yielded a good 15% power gain.

DSC01100.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, KwS said:

Im sure thats been on here before

In the For Sale forum Kelvin, not on Trade Me.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, Driftit said:

Sounds like I am bashing it a little.

It's probably better than a Series car.  But it isn't usable in the series.  The ITB's could sound great.

It started life as an 323i engine e30  road car then caged by original 'race car conversion' owner. It blew it's engine in it's second local meeting. This 'disalusioned'  owner sold it as a roller to a prospective race driver, who intended putting an m50 engine in but found the process and cost too daunting. I took it on,  as I had an m44 to put in and could use it as an interim race-car  while completing an 's42' '02 build.

Never considered it for use in 'the series.' IMO and by my reckoning is too expensive for my resources , I can do more local events and for about 1/2 the budget for a series car.

With Delorto's, road pads and tyres managed a low 1.27 Manfield PB, with an RS (Real Slow) driver.

With your talent Dan, and with your tweaking, I believe sub 1.24 Manfeild laps could/would/should be attainable?

Can take on board though what you say.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, LemonHunter said:

Not mine 

$11k
popped up on Facebook marketplace.

09114491-289F-4A97-981D-7A29F3FBC697.jpeg

On 8/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, KwS said:

Im pretty sure thats an RS badge from a Honda too, which doesnt mean Rally Sport, it means Road Sailing ?

Na, are you sure Honda didn't nick them off the Ford Focus?

Also, to really make your day better, I have to advise you an RS badge really means Real Slow.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

It tempted me for a bit until I started building a house. :(

I do think it would be better than a series car (especially with the Delorto's).
And unless you live in the upper North Island it would be a better fit to the available race series as you mentioned.

I'm not currently interested in the race series either.  Travel costs are too high.
Local racing is where it is at.  And Manfield is the best track anyway :)

All the best.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Driftit said:

It tempted me for a bit until I started building a house. :(

I do think it would be better than a series car (especially with the Delorto's).
And unless you live in the upper North Island it would be a better fit to the available race series as you mentioned.

I'm not currently interested in the race series either.  Travel costs are too high.
Local racing is where it is at.  And Manfield is the best track anyway :)

All the best.

Have updated details on the added ITBs and the hydraulic handbrake additions. With the ITB's has a very 'linear acceleration' and on the tight hill-climb bends should have valuable time gains. As a 'universal' motorsport car drifting as another string to its bow.