Sign in to follow this  
Hazzy

Tyres - Staggered vs Square

Hey guys,

My current tyres are pretty worn out so I am wanting to replace them. When I bought my current rims I got a set of six Style 72 rims, two fronts and four rears. So now that I am replacing the tyres I am struggling to chose between to keeping it staggered with 225/255 or to go to a 235/40/R18 setup. At the moment it has 215/235 tyres.

I have test fit the 235/40/R18 on the front and the clearance is pretty tight but from what I have read on some other forums with people running same offset rims it should be fine. Have attached a picture below of how close the strut is to the rim below, does anyone know if this would be an issue or if I might run into any other fitment issues? The style 72 rears are 8.5x18" and have an ET50 offset. The Style 72 fronts are 8x18" and have an ET47 offset.

IMG_1829.thumb.JPG.ac71a3ede6c145752af820c7f631908e.JPG

The other part I am trying to decide on is which tyres to get. At the moment I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4, Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 and the Falken Azensis FK510. Theres only a difference of about $200-300 which isn't massive, so I am just wanting to know if the Michelins are worth the slight premium. Or if anyone else has alternative suggestions I am open to those as well. 

Thanks guys, appreciate any feedback I get.

FK510 or PS4, both are good.  If the FK510 are a decent amount cheaper then get those.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 1

Having played with a staggered and square setup on my 330ci I preferred the staggered setup. as to the tires the PS4s are a much better bet if you dont mid the extra cash. 

• Like 1