Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

E87 130i LCI commuter

Another one.  Best value for money Bimmer's at the moment.

I have had this for just over a year now.  I purchased it sight unseen from @GorGasm on the forum.  Knowing how well he looks after his cars it was an easy decision.  Was in the US and needed a car when I got back.

It has just clocked 108,000kms.  It's all standard bar the replacement coil packs and some wheels (forgot the style).  And that is the way it will mostly stay.  It is our worry free commuter.  I have a replacement stereo sitting in the US that I will bring over at some stage.

Soon it will be doing daily duty over the Remutaka Hill and back most days.  So tires, suspension, brakes will all be carefully maintained.  But it really is a great car for the hill.  I need to find a brake pad and rotor combo that is cost effective for hill duties.  Suggestions welcome.  I'm not heavy on the brakes but you do use them more than any normal commute.

It does have quite a unique color combo though.  It has Terracotta leather.

Sadly it doesn't get washed much at the moment.  Live on a farm up a gravel drive in the middle of nowhere on tank water.  And it will soon be bug season.

Anyway this is just a log of yet another E87.

DSC_0860.JPGDSC_0832.JPGdzprgjju.2ar.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, treone said:

Awesome colour combo! 

Yeah it is one of my favorites now.  I will pick up a 135i for fun times soon.  Hoping I can find the same combo.

Yes, arguably the best colour combo and nice wheels too!

8 minutes ago, qube said:

i recall there was a cheap bbk off a 135 or similar a few weeks back on trademe. @Jacko?

Yeah, $500 and I don't think they sold. I would have snapped them up if I didn't have something special arriving in the mail soon...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Wish I'd bought this one, can't own all of them lol. 

Think we need a 130i meet up with so many around. 

They're not Pokemon, cmon man ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Are these the new E30's? Bimmersport was once chock full of E30's. Now they all gather dust in sheds. I think a 130i meet could be a laugh.

• Like 2

Just now, Driftit said:

Are these the new E30's? Bimmersport was once chock full of E30's. Now they all gather dust in sheds. I think a 130i meet could be a laugh.

Ha! I was about to say the same thing. Must add a 130i to the fleet so the E30 can keep gathering dust.

• Like 1

I want that interior, its badass. Saw a 116i yesterday in red, with a full coral red non msport interior, bizarre options ticking. 

4 hours ago, Driftit said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing recently. Back when I first started coming to bimmersport in the mid 2000s when I had my E30s they were definitely the common car, and I had so much fun just reading what everyone else was doing with theirs, and dreaming of doing the same. The 130i has that same kind of feel to me that the E30s had - small car, big engine etc. Except the 130i is faster, handles better and isn't broken all the time, compared to my old E30s anyway! Definitely miss them though... Nice to see a similar thing popping up now with the 130i's on here

4 hours ago, Driftit said:

Are these the new E30's? 

The new E36 in my book, ever since the driftor\flatpeak cap crowd etc began butchering 36's because they couldnt afford Jap rwd's. These are the next best option.