Sign in to follow this  
gjm

E30 windscreen

Could be one needed... NZ roads are slowly claiming another victim.

Not urgent - yet... But a cross-shaped crack has appeared just out of the area swept by the wiper blades. And there are numerous other pock marks, tiny chips, and so on.

So... Where to get a replacement screen? Let's start by not going to Smith & Smith or Novus for one of their soft-glass Chinese screens, as recommended by insurance. We want a *proper* screen.
Side windows are original BMW Armorplate.
The windscreen is BMW Shatterprufe.

Both are indicative of the cars heritage, coming from South Africa - I think German-made BMWs would have had Sekurit glass.

What are the options? Talk to BMW NZ? Talk to BMW ZA? Or is there a NZ-based supplier who supplies good windscreens (but who is probably ignored by most insurance companies)?

• Like 1

I would like to know this as well - I need an armorplate screen and RH coupe glass. I'm resigned to getting a SH drivers door glass and polishing it to as new, but a new screen is preferable.

There's plenty of green tint FL glass over in Germany, both with and without a top tint band, but from memory it cost an M325i owning member here something like $1500 for the exercise.

No chance of getting anything out of BMW SA anymore, they don't manufacture like they did when they were outputting CKD cars.

• Thanks 1

Go through BMW dealer, did a couple of e30 windscreens under insurance 

• Like 1