Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

Picked up an A5 for the Wife

41 minutes ago, duluth said:

Who'd you go to see and how much was it ? Looks great !

SGT performance in Henderson - Scott did a great job - was $500 but a lot of work given the overspray etc. picked him, seemed a good balance between the elite ($$$) detailers and the cheap Facebook amateurs.

• Like 1

Great choice, used to know Scott through the Honda scene a few years ago. His attention to detail is second to none. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Navin said:

Great choice, used to know Scott through the Honda scene a few years ago. His attention to detail is second to none. 

Funny - I initially came across him on an Nz Honda’s forum post

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, M3AN said:

When I picked up my M3 nearly 20 years ago now (😮) I almost crashed it on a sodden day about 2 km's from the dealer. I'd spent the 10 years before that driving rapid Mitsubishi's with much horsepower and very, very trick 4WD's... RWD's can be fun, but you need to be prepared for the high (ish) power ones!

Reminds me of years ago I sold the last in a line of fast Subarus I had owned, and was shopping for an S13. Test drove one, went to change lanes on a dual carriageway, put my foot down and suddenly i was opposite lock sideways across both lanes, looking out the side window at traffic following me. I was so used to the AWD system gripping, and little turbo lag that I wasnt ready for when the massive turbo lag caused the boost to come on in one huge hit and got snap oversteer. Thankfully straightened it up easy enough, but the owner, who was sitting next to me at the time was all like "sh*t yeah its awesome aye?!" and im there trying not to paint the seat brown.

• Like 1

Ah, that’s why you have a Fit right? 😉

Edited by BozzaFC
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BozzaFC said:

Ah, that’s why you have a Fit right? 😉

The Fit is the only car I have consistently owned for the past 8 years. You can joke as much as you want, but its reliability is unmatched, and i've done almost 100,000km in it (and its done almost 200,000km).

I also currently own a 650i, a modified Corolla and a Morris Marina Coupe. I just change cars so often I dont update my "cars" on here.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

Realised the wife had been driving around without a WOF the past few days (was due a service mid lockdown) so gave her the keys to the E46 and took the POS through for a WOF.

Failed miserably on the below:

2 x front tyres (was expecting this) / CAB's (was semi expecting this) / 2 x leaking shocks (was not expecting this - it has the trick electronic damper adjustment too...)

Anyways, we are really getting over this black sack of crap - was already planning on moving it on at the start of next year and this is just cementing that (will be taking a real hit no doubt).

I am going to talk her into a BMW (and probably an unreliable one!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got it back today finally - feels like a new car, as one would hope after the $5K plus bill.  Tyres and alignment tomorrow 

4 x Control arm bushes / 2 x front electronic adjustable shocks / spring pads and bump stops / Big old oil leak in rear of engine from cam chain cover / coil pack connectors / Brake fluid / Diff fluid / service.

Oil leak and bushes (surprisingly) were covered through warranty so the shop went through replacing anything and everything they could while they were in there 👍

At least I have better leverage on the wife when the time comes to sink some coin into my BMW 🤣

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, KwS said:

So, what do we think team, a week before it suffers another issue? 😂

Now that its currently working, is it time to flick it off and pretend it never happened, or keep it as the devil you know?

Too soon? 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KwS said:

Too soon? 😂

I think we are at 'Devil you know' territory now haha

I knew its first proper service wasn't going to be cheap but the front ADS shocks were an unpleasant surprise indeed ($1200 each)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gee, looks are deceiving huh.   If ya just saw this cruising down the road one might legitimately think - "that's a fine looking Euro"

Without ever knowing there is true, unmitigated evil lurking beneath...........

• Like 2

16 hours ago, leonf said:

Gee, looks are deceiving huh.   If ya just saw this cruising down the road one might legitimately think - "that's a fine looking Euro"

Without ever knowing there is true, unmitigated evil lurking beneath...........

Its a fine car now haha, just needed thousands of dollars spent on it...

On 10/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, Sammo said:

Its a fine car now haha, just needed thousands of dollars spent on it...

I was thinking about creating a Bimmersport award for Masochist of the year.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I was thinking about creating a Bimmersport award for Masochist of the year.

To further support my nomination I just bought an E30 with almost 400km

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Car has actually been running like a top since it had it had all its deferred maintenance done and will be replaced by a nice F31 320d Msport next week.

Will need to tidy it up and get on the market.

• Like 1

Tidied her up for some 'for sale' photos - has been faultless since the big service in October and cleaned up really nice.

Will be putting it on TM, should be a good deal for someone wanting to look a bit flash on a budget as we took all the big maintenance hits on it for the next while!

Audi Sale.jpg

Audi Sale-2.jpg

Audi Sale-3.jpg

Audi Sale-6.jpg

Audi Sale-8.jpg

Audi Sale-10.jpg

• Like 4

And sold to first viewer at full asking - wish they were all this easy!

Hoping it's all plain-ish sailing for the new owner - should be with all the work we had sorted on it.

• Like 2

Nice work. Any chance of a link to the CarPlay module you used? I've just picked up a 3.0tdi B8 which has the same cockpit & interface.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tire said:

Nice work. Any chance of a link to the CarPlay module you used? I've just picked up a 3.0tdi B8 which has the same cockpit & interface.

Don’t have a link sorry but I’m pretty sure all the ones on Ali Express / EBay are essentially the same, unless they include a replacement touch screen (which you don’t need - the stock Audi screen looks great once it’s fed a pretty interface).

Just bought one for the F31 and it looks really similar too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balancerider said:

update us on the carplay install on the F31 once it's done @Sammo - need some glamour shots too. reasonably tempted to get one for mine.

Hopefully tomorrow, pending potential hangover 😂

• Haha 1