Sign in to follow this  
NZ00Z3

Are my new Meyle strut mounts failing??

Was under the bonnet of the 2.0 L Mora Z3 today and noticed that the center caps on top of the struts was pocking above the steelwork. Had a look at the 3.0 L Z3 and it is really different.

I replaced the strut mounts on the 2.0 L Mora Z3 in May 2016 with Meyle parts. The car has now done 32,800 km on the strut mounts. They look to me to be failing. What do you think?

The photos with the black steelwork are the 2.0 L Mora Z3 and the red steel work is the 3.0 L Z3 for comparison. The 3.0 L Z3 has only done 64,300 km in its 20 year life, so should look brand new.

DSC_0448.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG

DSC_0453.JPG

DSC_0454.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

Looks like they are pushing through.

Pretty sure Melye is just chinese junk, again reinforces why OEM parts are so important. 

Meyle are made in many countries (Turkey, China, come to mind though there are others). Meyle HD kit is good, where they've looked at the failure modes of stock parts and uprated it (e30 front endlinks, e46 LCAs are a good example).  'standard' Meyle isn't great, these days.  I usually buy Lemforder for about the same price, or TRW, or Sachs, or Febi etc.

And yeah, those strut mounts aren't looking healthy, @NZ00Z3 Murray.