Sign in to follow this  
nath

1998 Alpina B3

It's been a while since I've owned a BMW, been in company cars for a while with a urs6 and mgbgt to play with. Anyway picked this up a while back and have been returning her to spec- hence my advert seeking standard hellrot wing mirrors and an Alpina rear spoiler instead of the m3 items.

She is a 3.2 Switchtronic, which is basically a tuned 5 speed zf auto with buttons on back of the steering wheel, Effectively always driving in sport mode, then using the 's' position as manual mode(normal s function is not available)

5F26D922-03D0-4ED5-8AFE-7BF9AE40BA26.jpeg

D0DD8C07-C23F-419D-A81D-A6509BA6E945.jpeg

• Like 9

That's a beaut (even though I'd prefer Alpina blue or green) - looks from Carjam like it's been well looked after prior to your ownership

18 minutes ago, balancerider said:

That's a beaut (even though I'd prefer Alpina blue or green) - looks from Carjam like it's been well looked after prior to your ownership

Thanks and you're right- how great would A green be?!

Gorgeous car, Alpina wheels are the best ?

Swapped all clear lights for amber, and m3 mirrors for standard in an attempt to creep towards assumed originality. I'm not totally sold on the new look of lights so far.

Thing is, were the upgraded items put on by Alpina? By dealer? By owner when near new? Hard to say what constitutes originality.

The zender/msport rear spoiler is going- as soon as I can get it off or find a replacement red bootlid!

B05EBB7C-4E9B-407E-BDA7-38C7B1C9C163.jpeg

• Like 5

Paint those lower panels or I'll paint them for you.

I was seriously against removing the M3 mirrors, but I actually quite like it!

Go wide M3 door trim to match the bumpers as well.

• Like 1

The sides are red, that's black plasti-dip.. She just looks like a big red whale with them colour coded I reckon.

As you know I do have the mtech door mouldings but I'm not convinced about fitting them to a car which I'm keen to make original.

17 hours ago, nath said:

Thing is, were the upgraded items put on by Alpina? By dealer? By owner when near new? Hard to say what constitutes originality.

The crossed out BMW VIN may give you some clues as to what the factory build was, don't know if there's any way of checking the Alpina VIN without emailing them.

looking great, have a real soft spot for these...

Edited by balancerider

The blacked out sills kinda make the car look unbalanced and the front spoiler like a big snow plow. Its about the only thing wrong with how the car currently looks.

• Like 1

Feels like a snow plough too- absolutely awful to drive anywhere with any semblance of speed bump, driveway lip or incline