Sign in to follow this  
EthanJ

Recommendations For Muffler Delete.

Hi There,

Was looking for any recommendations for places around Auckland that could do a muffler delete for me, i'm looking at overhauling my E90, but just wanted a cheapish job for the mean time.

?

• Like 1

I've got mine booked in to put on my Supersprint exhaust and maybe secondary cat delete at Takapuna mufflers.

Will let you know if they are any good or not - I know they do a lot f muffler / resonator deletes etc.

Deans a great guy and does excellent work

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

I've got mine booked in to put on my Supersprint exhaust and maybe secondary cat delete at Takapuna mufflers.

Will let you know if they are any good or not - I know they do a lot f muffler / resonator deletes etc.

If you could let me know how it goes that would be awesome!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EthanJ said:

Hi There,

Was looking for any recommendations for places around Auckland that could do a muffler delete for me, i'm looking at overhauling my E90, but just wanted a cheapish job for the mean time.

?

Recommendation 1:  don't throw away what they remove.

Recommendation 2:  ensure they do a solid job that's reversible.  

You'll probably end up paying to get it reinstated!

On what car? 

Don't recommend on a 4 cylinder, as they just sound annoying.

Plausible on  6 or 8 cylinder though, you can get a good sound out of them. 

Dean doesn't really like working on newer BMWs, but depends what you want to do. 

17 hours ago, EthanJ said:

If you could let me know how it goes that would be awesome!

FYI - I just dropped my car off at Takapuna Mufflers this morning.

Was booked in for 10am but now 'They will try to get to it today' and wouldn't provide an indicative cost despite it being a common enough car and sighting the muffler (clamp on type) which is clearly stamped Supersprint E46 330i... No eftpos either which is whack.

I left it with them so we will see - didn't get a great vibe - only went there as they are really close to my office and google reviews seemed fine.

• Confused 1

Another vote for Dean at Mr Muffler if it doesn't work out with these guys. been going to him for many years. He did a res delete and created a y-pipe on my 135i earlier in the year, always top quality work. 

@EthanJ FYI - wouldn't recommend Takapuna mufflers TBH.

My Supersprint is on and sounds good and looks good but once I left my car (and they wouldn't commit to a price up front), shock horror, I got given a million different reasons as to why it didn't fit correctly, how tricky a job it was (was designed for E46 330i) and the extra time they had to spend and ended up getting my pants pulled down on it a bit.

Lesson learnt - get a quote before leaving a car with someone / if it looks like a Cowboy, it probably is a Cowboy.

Also, what kind of business does not have eftpos in 2020? I suspect one with a healthy disregard for the IRD :)

• Sad 1