Sign in to follow this  
benji87

New Member Intro: Ben's '88 E30 Coupe (slow) Project

Hi there, thanks for stopping by. 

After pining for years, I finally managed to muster the courage to get myself an E30 project car. Guess it was a few years at uni (7 to be exact ha) and moving around for work, that prevented me from getting hold of one earlier.

Anyway, here is my little E30 coupe, I picked it up at a selvedge auction so there's a fair bit of work required, just to get it roadworthy following a rear collision and subsequent insurer-required de-registration. This will be a slow build, with the end-goal being a tastefully resto-modded-s50-swapped beast :)

Here are a couple of photos from the day I bought it. Guess it was a little bit of a rushed purchase, as I saw it listed, won it and drove up to Auckland to collect all in the same day - imagine my surprise when I saw it being dropped-off for collection on the front of a forklift! 

IMG_3363.thumb.jpeg.27ee9d0b0466c2b16e6fb59ca27c0493.jpegIMG_3360.thumb.jpeg.16938d3cc8b9bbb433c5d5f0bbb83e7b.jpeg

Other than the usual rust spots, there is a bit of work required at the rear to correct the collision damage and, to some, that would render this a parts-only car, but I struggle with that idea (unless the car is an absolute mess). So, with that, my focus to date as been cleaning it up, inspecting parts and collecting required parts/nice-to-haves for the project and gearing up for some bill shock, come repair/revin/LVV certification time. On that, if anyone has an S50b30 or b32 and a ZF gearbox they would be willing to part with, please let me know! ha ha. 

Looking forward to sharing my progress and learning a few things along the way :) 

• Like 7

Brave man!

But its red, its a coupe and S50/52 is a pretty bloody good vision!

• Haha 1