Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

E34 door card and leather seat repair - WLG

I have the standard issue with E34's where the inner part of the door cards has come away from the door and the leather cover has come off so I'm looking to have it repaired.

The rear seat has some loose stitching which will probably need a replacement piece of leather assuming it's shrunk again due to the heat.

I used a place in Petone a LONG time ago but cant remember their name, are there any recommendations for leather repair in Wellington ?

@martyyn I'd recommend Fibrenew, Welly franchisee is club member Andrew Thomas, well regarded and exceptional work.  My e60 steering wheel is like new, @TermiPeteNZ had X5 seat bolster repairs... let him know you're a club member.

https://www.fibrenew.co.nz/wellington/photos/11-leather-redyeing-repair/

Atop that, he's a top bloke too!

• Like 1

the 120 d was retrimmed all in leather from fabric seats.the guy did a amazing job.I cant remember the name of the place but it was right here.I dont even know if he is still in business

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/41°18'21.6"S+174°46'39.6"E/@-41.306003,174.7771138,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d-41.3060044!4d174.7776609

On 10/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, martyyyn said:

I have the standard issue with E34's where the inner part of the door cards has come away from the door and the leather cover has come off so I'm looking to have it repaired.

The rear seat has some loose stitching which will probably need a replacement piece of leather assuming it's shrunk again due to the heat.

I used a place in Petone a LONG time ago but cant remember their name, are there any recommendations for leather repair in Wellington ?

@martyyyn... 

• I think you're thinking of European Leather Care in Petone - they do replace sections of leather where required. 
  • Andrew at Fibrenew does great work - he's sorted my X5 seats etc, a couple of steering wheels etc ... https://www.fibrenew.co.nz/wellington/

@TermiPeteNZ

Yes that's them. Just realised it was 16 years ago. They did a great job on my E38 after it was damaged coming over from the UK.

@Olaf

I'll give Andrew a call and see if he can take a look and let me know what he can do.

• Like 2

Andrew came around and although he couldn't do anything with the door cards (he's given me a couple of names to try) he did take care of the steering wheel and I am very happy with the results.

30 years of grime cleaned away, leather reconditioned, painted where necessary and sealed. It looks and feels fantastic.

So I treated the car to a new gear knob and had the air conditioning fixed, which after eight years in Kapiti is a god send. Drew at Auto Air Conditioning was excellent to deal with so can recommend him if anyone needs anything done with their air con.