Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

E34 535is Exhaust replacement in WLG

I need a new rear box and center pipes. I've been to two places in Kapiti who've both quoted but for whatever reason can't seem to find the parts to do the job.

Are there any recommendations for places in Wellington to do this work ?

I'm not looking for anything other than a stock replacement really, the car is loud enough as it is.

I just want a good job done.

its missing some stock components .It was quite loud enough when i bought it and as far as i know it is still the same.I dont know if it still stock or not(apart from something being removed).

14 hours ago, 3pedals said:

pretty pissy pipes in stock form - be just as easy and similar cost to put some decent pipes under it without it being any louder. 

Interested to hear what you would suggest. I've always been under the impression the E34 exhaust was pretty reasonable and you had to go full headers and pipes to get any kind of increase in performance, which even then was minimal.

A few years ago Manawatu Mufflers did a complete custom 3" big bore exhaust system and Pacemaker headers for my HSV Avalanche. I was very happy with the quality of the system, price and service. From memory, total cost was just a little bit more than an aftermarket 2.5" cat back system (as quoted from local garages) , so was happy about that. 

They maybe worth getting in contact with to see what they can do (and Palmy is not too far from the Kapiti Coast ?).

Hope this helps.

Edited by treone

Thanks treone I'll give them a shout. Palmy is no drama from Kapiti.

I've tried a couple of local places, most have the worst websites you've ever seen, half don't answer the phone and the two who have gave me quotes but have gone cold saying they can't get the parts.

The car goes in this week to Manawatu Mufflers. Colin has been great to deal with and was the only guy to actually call me back to say he could get the parts and could do the work.

Thanks @treone

• Like 1

Centre pipes will go to twin 51mm and the back box will have some kind of baffle at each end but empty in the middle whereas my current one appears to be empty.