Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Looking for a value estimate from community - deregistered 325i Manual '88i e30 Touring.

Hey Bimmersport -it's been a while!

Apols in adv, this may be in the wrong forum/section. Also, it may be a longish post.

As per title, looking for feedback on what kind of value my 88 e30 Touring may be worth. UK import (came in in the 90s I think). I've owned her for the last 10 years and she's done 239,846 miles, so just run in. B)

Long story but due to house, health and work related issues the wagon sadly lapsed it's rego/wof about 18 or so months ago. Intention was to leave in garage and get things sorted over time but a few things have changed and I may be letting her go.

Had a recent enquiry about selling to a mate but I'm not sure what it would be worth as an unregistered/wof'd vehicle. Having said that, it's still a tidy vehicle. Hoping the community could help with what a ballpark value would be - as is, where is. 

The good -

Hellrot Red, 325i, factory manual, LSD, lowered slightly (tastefully, msport-esque) on Bilstien shocks,  SE spoiler kit and lip, Full Leather interior (incl rear seats and doorcards) with recaro front seats, 15" weaves with centre caps, rear tints, service history (well, a lot of it). Even has the little flashlight in the glovebox (not going) and the cargo screen cover for the rear (is functional).

It's still running - quite well actually. Had to get a new battery but then she fired up first time, idles steady and comes up to temp as per normal. Brakes are spongy af (even more than normal) but it had been sitting a while (started but not driven, well not far...). Gears change smoothly, clutch good/solid.

The (known) issues -

It's an 88 e30 so there's a few quirky things the car has but there's a couple of rust issues that don't look great.

Biggest one is on the tailgate, under/along the rear window. About 10cm wide at the surface. From what I've read a common area on touring models and hadn't been a wof issue. There are also a couple of small (1 - 2cm) spots coming up on the roof at rear above the window. 

Engine/gearbox - running well considering. Never had any major issues during my ownership and still pulls hard, changes smoothly. Would def need an oil change, plugs etc and a good look over in general.

Tyres - still like new and about 4mm tread all round. Rims could use a tidy up, bit of brake dust etc settled in over time (PIA getting into those weaves...)

Cosmetic blemishes - clear coat peel on front and rear bumpers, a few stone chip marks to bonnet and car parking dings on side of car (from other vehicles, mainly ute doors), headlight cracked (stone again), seat leather marks (from previous owner, poss dog scratches) but just on the seat area. The backs are mint. Drivers seat leather has a few cracks/wear. Again on the seat area. Hairline crack on dash starting to appear.

Couple of faulty sensor lights that come on/off intermittently, electric mirror fault (works, then blows fuse, rinse repeat), driver door lock broken (thanks Drop and Drive...) but still central locks from rear lock. Sunroof is opening up but not back, if that makes sense. The quirks I mentioned...

Probably forgetting a couple of things but that's most of it.

And then there's the obvious derego/wof situation.

Attached are a couple of pics from today - disclaimer, they were done in a hurry for this post so a bit rubbish but give an idea of some of the above items. Could add more if needed but guessing that the info is more important and everyone here knows what an e30 looks like. Lol.

Haven't been following the e30 market for a few years now so not really sure where things are at. Interested to see what advice/insights the community has. Cheers!

Rio

Side of car pic.jpg

Driverside Pic.jpg

Tailgate rust pic.jpg

Roof rust pic.jpg

Rearseat back.jpg

Rearseat seat.jpg

Edited by BLACK DORIS
Spelling/corrections

@Autoglym.  well it's the right colour.

• Haha 1

Well ballpark if it was registered would be around the 15k mark. 

The rust, while a concern doesn't seem to be too bad in the scheme of things.

And the faults you've listed sounds like just some general e30 love is required. 

I must admit I am keen on the rear seats. 

• Like 2

Pass it through the vin process and see what pops up. Will be a few hundred. Might even pass.

Buyers will try to use this to low ball you. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the vehicle it's not that bad or expensive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick496 said:

And the faults you've listed sounds like just some general e30 love is required. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, nick496 said:

Thanks Nick, have been popping into your touring thread from time to time - looks awesome. In the 10 years I've owned the car, I've yet to see another touring with leather rear seats.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Pass it through the vin process and see what pops up. Will be a few hundred. Might even pass.

Buyers will try to use this to low ball you. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the vehicle it's not that bad or expensive.

Cheers, will look into it.

@BLACK DORIS and as soon as it's roadworthy, get in touch.  I'm getting an article together for BMW DIXI magazine, need a Wellington-based e30 Touring to complete the lineup.  Writing and photography Mid-Nov to early December 2020 for the Summer Issue (published late Jan).

Current state 15K would be reasonable I think. Have it sorted and on the road, could be looking at the 20+K mark. We'll speced and original. 

Edited by C-130 Hercules
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

@BLACK DORIS and as soon as it's roadworthy, get in touch.  I'm getting an article together for BMW DIXI magazine, need a Wellington-based e30 Touring to complete the lineup.  Writing and photography Mid-Nov to early December 2020 for the Summer Issue (published late Jan).

Hey Olaf, apols - just updated profile. We were Welly based but have been permanently in Rotorua for the last few years.