Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

E46 M3

8 minutes ago, KwS said:

Careful, not allowed to speculate about cars in here!

Crap, I’ll slap myself on the hand and put myself in time out ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 330itis said:

Where was this???

On Facebook here in Ashburton about 6 odd weeks ago

6 hours ago, Arron said:

does anyone else just get a feeling of "used and abused" from this? 

half arsed photos, gumby boi shifter, comments from the previous owner...

dunno why, just get that feeling about it ?

I don't understand the "Very sad to see my old car in this state" comment from the past owner. No obvious issues with the car I can see, unless he just hates the mods?
Fair enough on the shifter though, it looks terrible. 

Phots aren't the greatest but some people just suck at that. 

In the end if you're a serious buyer, you'd take a good look and get it inspected... 

• Like 1

You do know this is a 40k car right now?   tradememuppet(53)  07:20 am, Tue, 20 Oct

Why do these people need to comment?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Why do these people need to comment?

Username says it all. Sad state of Trade Me today.?

1 hour ago, Matth5 said:

I don't understand the "Very sad to see my old car in this state" comment from the past owner. No obvious issues with the car I can see, unless he just hates the mods?
Fair enough on the shifter though, it looks terrible. 

Phots aren't the greatest but some people just suck at that. 

In the end if you're a serious buyer, you'd take a good look and get it inspected... 

The user who made that comment is the same guy who offered $14k for Secniv's E36 M3 (listed at $32,500) - so likely just a tool.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sammo said:

The user who made that comment is the same guy who offered $14k for Secniv's E36 M3 (listed at $32,500) - so likely just a tool.

Join the dots, or coincidence...? ?

image.png.3bf918ee634d935a8eaf51a4578445d8.png

image.png.17a8080fca86197bb638496c8789470c.png

?

31 minutes ago, KwS said:

Not a coincidence at all.

Excellent work Clouseau! Changed visually since then.?

Edited by Bandit
sp

I liked it then, still like it now, the wheels and gearknob does nothing for me but easily changed. Ticks the boxes that cant be changed like MY, manual (easily), low kms, paint colour etc so its still a winner to me. 

• Like 3

Interesting, so the old for sale post here claims new rotors at ~65k and it needs another set at ~100k? That's had some serious track use there.

And if that shifter that most people don't like is a proper one then it's worth a bucket-load of money, it's not just short it's microswitch short. On the other hand, if it's a fake POS then it needs to go. Regardless, most people won't like using it (let alone looking at it) but you'll recover your costs of reverting to stock by selling it. 

17 minutes ago, Harper said:

@M3AN Pretty sure it's this: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-558783-turner-e46-m3-adjustable-short-shift-kit/?pdk=AQQH. So not particularly expensive or desirable. Just another ugly junk dildo shifter. 

Right, then that's not the one I was thinking of, I was thinking of one of these types:

https://arperformance.co.uk/product/coolerworx-short-shifter-pro-bmw-e30-e36-e46-e82-e90-e92-inc-m3/

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/samsonas-vac-universal-short-shifter-p2995.aspx

the samsonas one is in the gold E46 that was previously owned by a member, i know it was listed for sale around 40k not sure if it sold

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

I am that tool haha. No one called any names though so why go there ?‍♂️. I use tools all the time and theyr very useful so I'll take it as a compliment.

Asking price for that e36 with that many Kms surely isn't serious so I made a similar offer. Which is much closer to what it's worth really. I'm sure it will become a very comfortable TradeMe resident for years to come at that price. 

As for my old E46 it doesn't take an expert to see even in a few pictures and that description that it's been absolutely mistreated. That car was mint. 

Why take a great example to turn into a track whore? With cheap garbage parts. Shows the mentality of the owner and then you can imagine. Its not even the right car to start from any way, it's a fully loaded model with sunroof etc so it's heavy...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 330itis said:

I am that tool haha. No one called any names though so why go there ?‍♂️. I use tools all the time and theyr very useful so I'll take it as a compliment.

Asking price for that e36 with that many Kms surely isn't serious so I made a similar offer. Which is much closer to what it's worth really. I'm sure it will become a very comfortable TradeMe resident for years to come at that price. 

As for my old E46 it doesn't take an expert to see even in a few pictures and that description that it's been absolutely mistreated. That car was mint. 

Why take a great example to turn into a track whore? With cheap garbage parts. Shows the mentality of the owner and then you can imagine. Its not even the right car to start from any way, it's a fully loaded model with sunroof etc so it's heavy...

Fair enough, sorry dude - I knew as soon as I typed that It would end up being a Bimmersporter ?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, qube said:

the samsonas one is in the gold E46 that was previously owned by a member, i know it was listed for sale around 40k not sure if it sold

Saw it this weekend with a new plate - 'RASPY'

7 minutes ago, Sammo said:

That's actually a legitimately good plate for an E46 M3 ?

• Like 4

On 10/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, Olaf said:

Back to school for you. I'm not interested in post count and referred only to the three posts questioning parentage of the car such as "guessing no service history", "sounds like a substantial shunt then", " it must have been bad for the insurer to not fix it"; if these imaginative guesses meet your personal standard for "excellently raised points", you're probably more at home on Facebook.  No points for Gryffindor.

Just quoting this for posterity.

23 minutes ago, Sammo said:

A mate of mine was the one who bought it, has loved every second with it so far. Thought the plate was a good addition considering how absurdly loud that thing is ?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 330itis said:

?‍♂️

So wheels and a shifter make it a 'track whore'? Wee bit dramatic there. most/all of those mods are fully reversible. It's an M3 after all. 

1 minute ago, Harper said:

A mate of mine was the one who bought it, has loved every second with it so far. Thought the plate was a good addition considering how absurdly loud that thing is ?

Are you running the 9600HP plate? One of the best personalised plates in NZ that 99% of people won't understand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Are you running the 9600HP plate? One of the best personalised plates in NZ that 99% of people won't understand.

Yep, was actually my dad's plate. Had it on his series 1 E-type in the 90s but held onto the plate when he sold it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Navin said:

So wheels and a shifter make it a 'track whore'? Wee bit dramatic there. most/all of those mods are fully reversible. It's an M3 after all. 

Clearly it is though. It definitely ain't no suny Sunday driver. Parts reversible? Most of them yes. But what about the abuse its received and damage/wear and year?