Sign in to follow this  
Matth5

2010 335i DCT N55 - rebuilt engine and long list of mods! - Now Sold

Sold

Well, it's time. Some of you have seen my posts on this car over the years. It's time to find her a new home. Hopefully someone who appreciates the thousands spent on modifications and high degree of maintenance.

Bear with me here this will be a novel... am I a bit crazy? Probably yes. 

178000 KM. 

First, the history, which may scare some of those less brave buyers away :)
It suffered an engine failure on track late last year and has undergone a no-expense spared engine replacement. I've seen working 335is sell for less than what I spent on this!
Engine has just been replaced with a partially rebuilt unit. All bearings (rod bearings, upper and lower bearings), timing chain, front/rear main seals replaced, so you can enjoy it with no fear of any impending bearing failures!
For good measure, a chunk of the cooling system was replaced at the same time - water pump, thermostat, various pipes. 
All genuine BMW parts! 
DCT transmission fluid was even replaced when this was done. 

This work was done by DCH Motorsport in Christchurch.

Modifications:
MHD Tune - Stage 2+ 98RON, done lots of data logging to ensure the engine runs perfectly with this map. 
VRSF catless downpipe
6 inch intercooler - Chinese no-name but I have done back-to-back testing to ensure it outperforms the stock one and keeps intake temps low when running a tune. 
CPE Aluminium charge pipe

Turbo rebuilt with upgraded compressor wheel by a reputable NZ turbo builder (like what they on the Stage 1 upgrades, but not the turbine).
Go Fast Bits diverter valve was fitted too
Pics here from the man himself:

With more background and pics here, plus details and pics on other modifications:

Solid rear subframe bushings
Rear differential brace  (both pictured in thread above too)
Foam rear upper shock mounts upgraded to solid rubber.

KV V2 coilovers. Certified. These have adjustable rebound damping so you can adjust it to your taste. 
M3 front control arms (installed at 160 000km).

You might think this makes for an uncomfortable, noisy, stuff ride? Not at all! As long as you don't put runflats on it. I've roadtripped across NZ in this car, comfort was fine and it was incredibly fun to drive! 

Customised exhaust. Muffler internals modified to change the tone, resonators added to cancel out the loud metallic rasp that you get with an aftermarket downpipe. 
It sounds beautiful I assure you. But not boy-racer obnoxious loud.

Other notable big ticket items:
Tie rods replaced at 160 000km
DCT had a full service at 151000km which included all seals - side pan, Top o-ring, lower sump cover, new sump pan and filter (fluid replaced again at 178000km while the engine was being replaced, probably pointless but it's one less thing for the next owner to worry about).
New high pressure fuel pump at 147000km. 
Brake disks at 144300km - aftermarket slotted rotors, probably no performance gain but they look cool...

Has Motul RBF 660 brake fluid and Ferodo DS2500 brake pads. Dusty pads but they perform, these do pretty well on a track but feel great on the street as well with minimal noise. 
If you prefer less dust and pure silence, the EBC Redstuff pads are boxed up and can be swapped over. Still have most of their pad material left on them. Less performance, no good on a track and you can overheat them if you push really hard on a twisty mountain road, but great for street driving in general.

PIAA silicone windscreen wipers. these apparently last forever, they also leave a nice 'rain-x' type coating that makes the water bead off. Works even better if you clean the glass with Rain-X or similar. 

Asking price: I'm gonna throw out a number of $20k but if you're seriously interested, make an offer, just not a silly one, and we can see :)

Last pic shows it wearing a set of Apex Arc-8 wheels - these are for sale separately. 

IMG_20150712_164324.jpg

IMG_20190921_141741.jpg

IMG_20191214_135358.jpg

IMG_20201015_102310.jpg

IMG_20201015_102332.jpg

IMG_20190529_162406.jpg

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 3