Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

The shouldn’t’ve sold it thread

5 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

The E34 is being looked after :) 

Oh my, do tell, it’s not the one people are chatting about, it had about 380,000km on the clock

No regrets, the nice ones i enjoyed and allowed me to move to the next car (about 12 or 13 E30s, most immaculate nz new cars with a couple of less good ones... Perhaps the Alpina c2 2.7 with suspected 325i motor; for the pittance I sold her for I could have kept and these days had prof restored and sourced a 2.7.

6A135904-5BC9-4615-9DDD-BF617BE95DF4.jpeg

E2DFEAD6-6147-49E2-A95F-E46B18F9110D.jpeg

B5379BE2-ABDF-435D-9245-277D4066A8A2.jpeg

3 hours ago, nzsapper said:

My Volvo 850 T5R image.png.53161aa2377eca46b8a9683895a3b6f4.png

Oh man, I want me a turbo brick, the wagon, mmmmm

• Like 2

@BreakMyWindow thats an awesome ZR-4!

@hqstu - wow what a collection of Monaro’s. And to own them at the same time, thats pretty amazing!

Another one to pine for - 02 V2 Monaro 6spd as well. Why oh why did i give it away...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treone said:

02 V2 Monaro 6spd

Yes I had one of these for 5 years, bought it at 8 years old only having done 1500km, although I did have a few issues to sort due to this...

CV8_010.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Yep that dohc turbo era was great.

Back when a 1600 twin cam made you a bad boy ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hqstu said:

Yes I had one of these for 5 years, bought it at 8 years old only having done 1500km, although I did have a few issues to sort due to this...

this is a great looking holden, dont see them anymore sadly

3 hours ago, hqstu said:

CV8_010.jpg

You’re a youthful gent for sure, Stu... but that young? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sammo said:

The generation prior BFMR in the two tone white and grey were the TITS when I was a teenager

The original "DOHC Turbo"

image.png.7e9a2a6d2897b436e318ec71dfa1e52a.pngHere's my old one

Edited by m325i
  • Like 2

Pretty much everything i have owned, since I made big losses on everything.

Stupid car itch that needs scratching.

Only car I sort of regret selling was the MkII Jag with 3.4 manual overdrive, but I did better than double my money when I did sell it so sort of don't regret it.

Only BMW I will regret selling when/if I do will be the E39 540is

@m325i Nice, and the GTiR (!!!)- Japanese cars were so wild in the 90s... what happened?

• Like 1

The 90s definitely were peak for fun cars... wonder if In 20 years will be saying the same thing about 130s for 6k :D 

I sold my very tidy shiney and straight R32 Type M manual coupe for 6k in 2001.... Was curious as to what they are worth now... :( 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/nissan/skyline/listing/2826175107?bof=XDmkazNd 

• Like 1

I would love an R32 coupe now.. heck even an R33 coupe. but cant justify these prices, ever

• Like 1

I just remembered my first car

Was a mini, 1275 Twin carb Le Mans.

Probably worth north of 20K, I think i paid $250 and sold it for $1200

My EK I built back home, with a DC5 Type R K20a motor and box. Went like a scalded cat. 250bhp and weighed around a ton. K20 swapped cars didn't really have a big price tag in Ireland 6 years or so ago. Ended up breaking it for parts instead of selling it. But if I had 3 wishes, 1 would be for a drive in it again. 

I daily'd this thing for a year by the way ?

799AAC47-54F6-4754-B9BD-066D539303F2_zpseagwuawk.thumb.jpg.f9db712af1af240643f83e6f866a6b3d.jpg

C55FC4CB-9B6F-4ACE-B01D-2A1CC71B614A_zpsc9b7gfdf.thumb.jpg.6cdebb560b476c5c5d6f784445844c57.jpg

914EB656-0149-49F6-A91D-E98D802E9F38_zpsfz7yrzph.thumb.jpg.1db19de5ee9aefbdab0ea62c91d65bd0.jpg

• Like 5

Love it! Still have a goal of building a K swapped dc2r with a rotrex supercharger. Maybe when the kid is grown up. . My first Honda was a H2B swapped DC2 with a half-cage. The confused looks I used to get driving it daily around town ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m325i said:

The original "DOHC Turbo"

image.png.7e9a2a6d2897b436e318ec71dfa1e52a.pngHere's my old one

Revo's and Avus R's... We all know there's a set of VX-1's just out of shot.

I can talk though, I had a set of Hockenheim R's on my first E30 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Navin said:

Love it! Still have a goal of building a K swapped dc2r with a rotrex supercharger. Maybe when the kid is grown up. . My first Honda was a H2B swapped DC2 with a half-cage. The confused looks I used to get driving it daily around town ?

I've had a heap of Hondas in the last ten years, used to run an Irish owners club back in the day lol mix of dc2rs, ep3s, turbo EP2 lol A friend had a white kswapped dc2r with a rotrex pushing 380bhp, when that thing got traction absolutely nothing would sit with it. Think I may have a video off it somewhere...

All my Honda fandom went out the window once I discovered RWD cars lol 

My red Mustang GT390...Big Block Fastback..sold it for 20k back in the day...Would be 80-100k now I suppose..

Just bought  a 2020 GT Mustang  however...

gt390.jpg

20201010_184501.jpg

Edited by outlawtorn
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, LemonHunter said:

Oh my, do tell, it’s not the one people are chatting about, it had about 380,000km on the clock

Ok no this one has 189k so different my bad.

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

We all know there's a set of CURBED VX-1's just out of shot.

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Fixed

Legitimately cackled laughed out loud.

Speaking of so bad they're good wheels, did anyone here buy that set of 5x120 Enkei G-Zero's that were on TM earlier this year? I want to rock them on my E30 like it's 2001 and NZPC are giving my car a Jane Score.

2 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Revo's and Avus R's... We all know there's a set of VX-1's just out of shot.

I can talk though, I had a set of Hockenheim R's on my first E30 ?

images (65) (6).jpeg

The only car I've regretted selling - and it was because a) I wasn't finished with it, and b) I couldn't afford to take it with me:

1989 e30 325i Touring, manual, sunroof, Alpinweiss.  In the UK.  In 2001.  I did a whole heap of remedial maintenance on it.  Trips to Euro Car Parts for plugs, OEM HT lead set, all the filters (incl a K&N - silly boy), belts, oil change, hours spent under the hood with WD40 and rags cleaning it all up... changed out the 80's spec Blaupunkt cheapy for a decent colour-matched 1997-spec Pioneer CD unit from my previous car.  Cooks Ferry Engineering were engaged to do fuel lines, shifter bushings, Pagid slotted rotors and fast-road pads, diff gearbox and cooling system flushes and refills, brake fluid, engine and gearbox mounts, tie rod ends and LCA bushes.  I replaced all the wiper blades, adjusted the antenna and lubed the sunroof, tidied the body and interior... and I tracked-down an odd fault with fuel pump and DME relays (respectively).  I planned suspension upgrades with Konis and springs I hadn't decided on, and was looking for decent rims (baskets).

I did a few trips around the country in it, went to a BMW Driver's Club meet at Castle Coombe, and then it was time to pack up in UK and return to Niu Zild, as the contracting market had flatlined in UK... and pretty much everywhere else for that matter.

3843379358_a710d70ecc_o.thumb.jpg.46b1732f69583a91ceaa3267d3b908a4.jpg

Don't hate on those dugly wheels.  They were next on the list for replacement!  Image from the day I sold it.

I'd love to have brought it home to NZ with me.  I sold it for GBP2350, from memory.

All the other cars were sold for a reason.  Although it was difficult (at the time) to let go of my A2 Golf GTi 16v after 2.5 years and ~25000mi, looking back I have no regrets, and viewed logically bringing a left hand drive hot-hatch into NZ in the late 90's made no sense whatsoever.

• Like 3