Sign in to follow this  
Brianr70

Worth the money?

Im always wary of cars with such low miles. Whats it been doing all its life and what maintenance hasn't been done. Whats going to break if you suddenly start to use it more?

It also works out to about $30k NZD before shipping and taxes? Not what i'd spend that money on tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KwS said:

It also works out to about $30k NZD before shipping and taxes? Not what i'd spend that money on tbh

I'll take an F3x 330d/335i for that kind of cash...

5 minutes ago, Willy Sea said:

The cars in London UK. Hardly a bargain?

Maybe only driven on nice days then?

Just joking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Olaf said:

though unsure if we can import diesels from abroad with less-than EURO3 or EURO4 emissions ratings?

Euro4 emissions level is the lowest you can bring in, which this version of the 330d doesn’t meet. So you would need to wait for it’s 20th Birthday in a year or so, then it’s into a different category imports wise.

If it’s $30k then forget it, doesn’t make sense even before you add on the shipping costs. Strange it’s on a Japanese site, but the car is in London.?

• Like 1

30k for a 19 year-old E46 330D? Nah man ? Low miles or not it's still oooold, and not all that special. 

Wow I hadn’t even looked at the price.  The only e46 currently above $30k is M3.

16 hours ago, sjbglobal said:

They have a nice blue (manual I think) 330ci clubsport

It's a SSG/SMG manual.  But its emissions standard will be too low to import.

• Sad 1

That whole website is a joke.

The prices are ridiculous.

• Like 2

There's a lot of these popping up all over now, they basically take the listings from a dealer in another country, run the selling price through a currency converter and then put that on the local site.

If you look on TradeMe there are a few cars listed that are showing as "overseas listing" that are using this method. I e-mailed one guy to ask if his price was correct for a used demo as it was more than the RRP of an NZ new one, and he explained it was a Japanese listing and that was what it would cost.

By the time the original 330d from this post has been converted from GBP into JPY and then into NZD it works out crazy expensive. If we could find the original listing from the Uk site it would probably work out a lotcheaper.

• Like 1

That was easy, here it is from the Pistonheads site...

330d.PNG

Works out quite a bit cheaper, less than NZ$25k before shipping, but worth the money? Still a no from me.

It's a very good condition car, but I'm not sure there are many collectors that are that interested in a 330d sedan and if they were surely they would be after the TU2 version with the 203bhp and the six speed gearbox from the last of the production?

• Like 2

Im still not following? Why would a common as muck (in Europe) 330d be worth GBP12k?

That and the 520/530d are the most common BMW's (and therefore cars) in Ireland (and presumably UK) and super cheap.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?words=330d&sort=price asc

There are Alpina diesels, which I get might be desirable but the normal ones? My parents sold their much more interesting 535d E61 for like EUR6000 3years ago.

Edited by Kodachrome