Sign in to follow this  
Karun

E28 535i in Wellington?

Hey, 

I'm looking to find someone with an m30b34 or b35 e28 in Wellington to compare notes with. I currently own a 528i and would like to experience them side by side and see if a swap is something id want to consider in the future. I've heard the b35 has buckets of torque but the b28 revs happier which is something I actually really enjoy about it. 

Would love to meet up, if anyone is keen to see a very healthy b28. The don't seem to be very common. 

Thanks, 

Karun S. 

00000IMG_00000_BURST20201026151045580_COVER.jpg

• Like 2

Would also love to chat to anyone with megasquirt experience on an m30. About to take it on ?

Yes, I have an , E28 M535i, more than happy to help

• Like 1

Hey again Karun!  On a related note to your swap ideas, I finally settled on an M54B30 swap. Just didnt think the M30 (of any type) was worth the effort. Got close a couple of times on going the M30 route though.

Engine and gearbox are at Auto38 now, just awaiting some space for him to start the swap!

• Like 1

Hey sorry for the late response, got caught up with wrapping up my masters. Would love to see your car barry! Kodachrome, that swap sounds great, didn't end up going for the m60? I thought about those too but really loving the m30 at the moment. I also like the idea of keeping the car what it is to an extent and seeing what I can do with it  being a factory m30 manual. If I did swap out the b28 I'd probably hold onto it. Or would just keep trying to push what I can do with it, possibly turbo if I can do it cleanly and reliably.  

On 11/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, Autoglym said:

Yes, I have an , E28 M535i, more than happy to help

@Karun you are in for a treat. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, Contrails said:

@Karun you are in for a treat. 

I've heard! :)